[FoF] The Fistful of Frags community trailer 2021 release !

VaultBot

I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.
Howdy pardners !

Having Halloween behind us and some cool updates coming in the next couple of months we wanted to take some time to present to you the great work being done by the Fistful of Frags community !

The Fistful of Frags 2021 community trailer by Kyeki

youtube_16x9_placeholder.gif

As you can see a lot of effort and focus has been put into showcasing all of the different features of the game and highlight it's slow paced but also fast paced action !

It's always heartwarming to see how players can come together to create new content for Fistful of Frags, a game that still stands to this day as a testament to the power of the modding community .

Bellow you will find a small Q&A section dedicated to the player who created the trailer and some of those who contributed to it's creation .
Every one's voice matters when it comes to whiskey passing in Fistful of Frags so stay tuned for more exciting updates !

Pass the whiskey !

Player and trailer creator Kyeki

Q : How and when did you found about Fistful of Frags ?

A : I started playing Fistful in about late 2018. At that time, Red Dead Redemption 2 came out and I was looking for alternative cowboy games as the computer I had at that time stood no chance at running that game. Fistful stood out to me: completely free to play, runs on Source Engine so my computer could handle it, and plenty of cool guns. So, I downloaded it and tried it out and, well, here we are.

Q : What do you enjoy most from the game, what makes you come back for more whiskey every time ?

A : I really appreciate the sense of community I've gotten over the years I've played the game, that's probably what keeps me coming back.
For as long as I've played, I can rely on seeing a name I recognize or a friend in any server I join and everybody has a sense of belonging that I don't see in any other game I play. I also really like how customizable every loadout is.
Every player's playstyle is unique, and there's so many unique skills that form unique combos that in turn make the game harder/more interesting to play, like gun throw and Mare's for example.

Q : What did you have in mind/focus while you were creating the community trailer ?

A : I wanted to capture the diversity of gamemodes and playstyles present within the game and the sense of community I feel whenever I play Fistful. The easiest way to show both of those things, of course, would be to ask for gameplay clips from some of the best players Fistful has to offer that I happen to be friends with.

Q : What are your hopes and wishes for the future of Fistful of Frags ?

A : For the future, I'd really hope that Fistful keeps growing as a community and Rebel keeps actively maintaining it. I'd really appreciate seeing new skills and weapons added to the game, too. I can't think of any good ideas off the top of my head, but the more you can customize the more people I feel will pick up a unique playstyle they enjoy and continue coming back to the game. More community maps being officially added would be sweet too.

Veteran FoF player Yami

A : I first started playing Fistful of Frags 7 years ago this year, back in 2014, when a bunch of my friends and I were new to Steam. We were looking for free-to-play games, and FoF caught our eye.

Q : What do you enjoy most from the game, what makes you come back for more whiskey every time ?

A : I think what I love most about Fistful of Frags is how varied and customizable everything is. So many different perks, weapons, maps, tactics, and more that allow every player to create their own perfectly viable playstyle. Beyond gameplay, FoF has a lively and dedicated community committed to improving the game wherever possible. You can just about always find a friendly face or several that you can play a few rounds with for a good time.

A : Like most players, I’d of course love to have new unique guns and maps to help keep things fresh. Being able to pick your playermodel & voice lines in FFA would also be great to see, as well as the potential return of player-collisions with props. Most importantly though, I just hope FoF continues to see new updates and attention from Rebel_Y, all the fantastic contributors, and the great FoF community.

Veteran FoF player Chitch

A : I came across Fistful of Frags through Skallagrim in 2016; it was one of the first games that I got on Steam. I used to play it while sat in bed, with an old laptop on my lap and my mouse on the blanket. Five years later and I've got a powerful PC, a great set-up, nearly 700 games... and I still often find myself drawn back to FoF.

A : To put it simply: I can't name an FPS with more satisfying mechanics. The slow rate of fire and focus on accuracy makes for fun shootouts, and the longer than usual time to kill allows for strategic and wacky encounters that you won't find anywhere else. Running away from or razzle-dazzling enemies is often viable, and it's fun to use map and movement to ones advantage. In what other game can you can throw a gun back "Big Trouble in Little China style", or dance around an enemy with half-sideways bunnyhops as you slowly reload?

A : New maps would be a welcome addition to freshen up the game. Although, I'm not keen on the idea of gameplay and balance changes, since I've found many such changes questionable throughout the years. My main wish is that FoF maintains an active player count. I would love to be able to hop into a full server 5 years from now, because this is undoubtedly a game that I will always be able to come back to.

Veteran FoF player BrainDamagedGod

A : Skallagrim's old video. I saw it in late 2019.

A : Prop throws, the "gunthrow" perk, melee combat, and making mods.
I like the game's more funny parts too, voice lines, ragdolls, environmental deaths.
It has low fire rate weapons which you have to stand still to shoot to be able to aim accurately, I don't know of any other games featuring this kind of gameplay. It also makes melee more viable and combos more effective, raising the skill ceiling.

A : I would like to see weapons world models and player models able to be modded again, as well as their materials. Particle mods and UI mods would be nice too.
I can understand not wanting client-side mods for player models or materials used on map textures, since people could use those to cheat. But I don't see a reason not to allow particles and ui mods.
I'd like to see the the speed cap raised a bit so I can bhop with hatchet/machete without getting the movement penalty. Another ~20hu/s should do it (probably).

Veteran FoF player 277

A : So.. it's 2014 and i'm browsing around steam for games to play with my friends within their budget (£free). Fistful of Frags fit the bill so we gave it a try and in the years since then Its gone on to provide more entertainment than many other games I've paid for and shown itself to have a solid & welcoming community.

A : The thing with Fistful of Frags is there is very little fat on the bone. No long loads, no matchmaking waits. You can go from zero to gaming in 20 seconds. It's an "all meat experience" and it doesn't waste your time.
Gameplay wise; it offers many honestly unique playstyles, too many to list here...
A top pick of mine is disarming a foe in close combat, taking their weapon and shooting them with it, never gets old.
To sum up its staying power, its quick to start playing and it's easy to have fun, also there is a huge talented modding scene if that's your kinda jazz.

A : I don't hope for much more than to be able to drop in and pass some whiskey when the mood takes me, and it's never failed to do that for me. My compliments to the chef !

Veteran FoF player Wolfgang V2.35

A : I found out about Fistful of Frags in December of 2014, and now have over 1800 hours in-game. I really liked historic weaponry and wanted a game that had the weapons' feel and function.

A : The main thing that got me into the game was the feel of the weapons.
Another one of the things that really interested me was map making, but it was only Garry's Mod.
I didn't realize that I wanted a more combat oriented game to make maps for, until Fistful of Frags. Aside from this creating Old West inspiration in me, it also introduced me to the community.
The community is my favorite part of the game !
I like how most of the longer-term players care to progress the game in new and exciting ways, and how kind and welcoming the majority of them are.
Not to mention the modding community: Skins, maps, sounds. What more could you want from modders?
The community is absolutely the largest contributor to my staying and I don’t plan on leaving.

A : To be honest, there isn't much that I really want to change. But because I make maps myself, I would love to see some new maps in Fistful of Frags. New weapons would be nice things to have, despite there being many new ways to use weapons. I know that I still haven't tried every combination.
But the thing is, I am confident that changes like these will take place, the community wants the same thing, and are willing to work for it. Me included!

Continue reading...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(9238 Online 562 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom