[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

Discussion in 'Mummy's Mask' started by Statboy, Jun 2, 2016.

  1. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter

    "Well shit! I have no allegiance or need to be at this temple now and forever at all! Gimme my stuff and never let me darken the lower half of your doorway again!" Memsie perks up no longer realizing why they had to come here in the first place. Something something library, something something 'take me to your reader.' He looks to meet up with the others and seek out the library.
     
  2. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Bowing graciously in his new robe. "She shines with the light of the dawnflower herself. My decision's that day were most regrettable. However, I have not returned for myself. I serve my betters within the Iron Covenant. By the light of my goddess I swear to you great Haty-a, those cultists seek foul ends. I came only to ask for a boon, for you to grant my betters within the Iron Covenant access to all you know of these cultists and their forgotten pharaoh. My comrade Aech, he himself is a Nethysian. I need not return to your temple, but for this I must plea."

    Can roll diplomacy?
     
  3. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Zanros: Did you mean to tell her about the letter from Muminofrah, or say everything exactly as written?
     
  4. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Yes I did. The heat must be getting to me! I meant to mention it and then paraphrase it.
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Zanros and Memsie: She has a priestess rifle through your belongings and produce the letter. She spends several minutes reading it, though whether she is looking for a forgery or what to say next you are not sure. Eventually she whispers "The Dark Depository" In a louder voice she says "We have secured every book we found the Cult researching, even one from our main library. The Cult is my problem, and I will deal with them, your interference is not required." She smiles "But since you insist on researching in the Dark Depository, I will oblige you." With a motion of her hand one of the guards at her side opens your cell. She burns Muminofrahs letter and says "Expect a parcel at first light tomorrow." With that she leaves, her guards following closely behind. The remaining priestess motions for you to come with her. She leads you to your belongs then out the front door of the Temple without speaking to you.

    Please make a perception and sense motive check both Zanros and Memsie.
     
  6. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter

    !roll 1d20+2 #Sense Motive
    !roll 1d20+11 #Perception
     
  7. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive: 3

    Perception: 28

    For: TimeCrush Re: #369
     
  8. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    !roll 1d20+4 #Sense Motive
    !roll 1d20+9 #Perception
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive: 13

    Perception: 29

    For: theLumberJack Re: #370
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Zanros and Memsie: Memsie you notice the guards shifting uncomfortably when Deka mentioned the Dark Depository. Zanros, you noticed Deka grabbing her blue feather pendant during the pause when she read the note from Muminofrah.

    Its now in the early evening, what would you like to do?
     
  11. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter

    Can I do some kind of knowledge check for the pendant? Get an idea of what it was / what it was supplying her / letting her communicate to?
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Detect magic wouldn't bring back anything useful unless you separated her from the pendant. There is nothing to learn from knowledge checks yet, it's more of a laying groundwork for future monkey business.
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    I assume Zanros and Memsie go back home and join the group, meet the newcomer, etc. Please make plans for the next day and post if your posting any guards at night.
     
  14. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Zanros will head home through the market place, keeping an eye out for wind chimes or anything of the like.
     
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You find this for 1 gp.
    [​IMG]
     
    • It's a trap! It's a trap! x 1
  16. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    I buy five and go home.
     
  17. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter

    Memsie sleeps as soon as he gets home, shuffling passed new guy disinterested as all hell, "Whatup construct bait". When he awakes near nightfall, he posts up with Reek around the perimeter. Things were uneasy at the cell today, and a night watch is advised. He spends the night belly crawling on the roof to remain unseen.

    !roll 1d20+11 #Night time perceptions.
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Night time perceptions.: 19

    For: TimeCrush Re: #378
     
  19. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    After Memsie shuffles past dead-eyed and semi-conscious, Idessa looks at Zanros. "What the hell was that about?"
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    I explain to everyone Memsie and Zanros' day, and proceed to hang the windchimes on the the door and in any windows we have.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice