[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

[trigger]will save 1: 11[/trigger]
[trigger]will save 2: 18[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Statboy Re: #550[/trigger]

"Well, that's rude." Idessa remarks, as one of the belligerent ruffians faints. The other one is threatened with the sharp end of a halberd to the face. "You're not going to get much done from down there, are you? Why don't we pretend to be civil?"

Yay, I finished work for the summer. I should be able to play wednesday night if everyone is available? Aech will be at the bottom of the rope, eating street meat, and just be on call if something is required of him.

Idessa: Do you want to wait until we know who passed and who didn't first?

Memsie: Whats the DC of your slumber hex?

The whole party: A few of you have mentioned getting back to playing live, but I really don't want to loss TC again. Is there a day that actually works for everybody?

I'll have to see once my classes are set in stone for college for which nights are free. I honestly might be having a lab on wednesday nights so an alternative might work, if we could find on. Otherwise I think all my evenings are open. I could probably move it if we can't work something out.

I don't have a job at the moment and my latest classes end at 5:20, so I can do pretty much any day except Sunday (things tend to happen then).

I will be very surprised if something both are still awake, and mildly so if both are asleep.

"Why shouldn't I just kill you and take the gold? It wouldn't be too hard, just a little-" Idessa slides the blade of halberd across the man's face, then suddenly thrusts it a millimeter, "-twich, and you're gone. You'll have to make yourself more useful if you want your life."

Idessa: Were still going for RP unless somebody does something to change things. "Look at me, you can figure out the line of work I'm in. I'm smart enough to not bring anything unnecessary to a job. If you release me I'll go and get some gold, I always keep my promises. My job isn't to kill you, and you'd be doing me a favor that I'd repay. I'll even forget your attempt to rob me."

Last edited:
"Attempt to rob you? I walked over here and the first thing you did was stab me." Idessa indignantly indicates, then changes tack. "If I asked a liar if he kept his promises, he'd say he did. I don't know you, I don't know if you've got a reputation for honor, how am I supposed to believe that you'll come back if I let you go?"

"You can't have anyway of knowing, its true, but if you kill me you'll get no gold. Which would you rather the have, the certainty of no gold, or the chance of gold?"

"Ohh is it information you'd rather have? You'd have to pay me for that, I don't reveal my secrets cheaply. But first how about you put down that halberd and unshackle us, my friend and I will put our knifes away. Then we can talk like gentlemen."

Memsie saunters over to the shackled men, just out of reach from any shenanigans. "Alright, so I don't know if you think you are in a movie, or some fantastical sword and sorcery land, but you are tied up on a roof, already left for dead." he begins to cast Steal Breath and prepares for the man to give more lip. "Make sure your next words are important, I will pull the air from your lungs otherwise."

He stares at the gnome for a minute "Release us first." He says. "If I'm going to die, I'm going to die keeping my secrets and my gold. If you want either of these we'll have to live. I'll tell you what you want to know, just let us go."

"Here's the thing. We don't need you. We don't need 12 gold pieces. We found you here chained up, left for dead, which makes you out to be not very important. We don't really need anything you have to say. We could strip you, have a camel rape you, tie you to a crocodile and leave you in the river, and we'd suffer none for it save the effort. You aren't in a position to be demanding anything. You are the one that needs to buy his life."

Idessa: He's already changed his offer to information in exchange for freedom, what are you trying to do?

Im saying he needs to prove his continued existence is worth anything to me before I let him be untied, standing up, not be a few inches from my halberd in his brain, etc.

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48198 Members
(10240 Online 938 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom