[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

[trigger]Sense Motive: 6[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #571[/trigger]

Idessa: Killing someone you don't know, just because, would lose you your Paladiness; as would threats if they fall in the evil category. Your god isn't evil, she is true neutral. You can do bad things, but it must advance you somehow, you can't evil without a reason.

However Memsie and Argor have no such issues, given that you just stumbled upon people tied up, killing them outright would be an act of evil. You at least have to know that it is justified to kill them for it to be a neutral act.

We'll wait on Memsie and Argor to roll sense motives

I'm not going to do that, but he just stabbed me and doesn't know I'm a paladin. At most, I'd tell Argor to cut off his fingers.

At the very least, we'd be removing a potential threat.

edit: basically, he doesn't know what i am or am not willing to do

Last edited:
"Of course, that's time and effort for us, and you don't want that to happen, so we can discuss what you have to offer. You won't be keeping those knives, for the duration," Idessa gestures to his feet, "as long as anything else you've got hidden around. If you've proven your worth, you can have your belongings back when we're finished."

[trigger]Sense Motive: 15[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: TimeCrush Re: #575[/trigger]

Argor stands idly by, picking something from under a fingernail with various pointy things he makes appear and vanish at will from around his person.

Memsie: You feel that these men are not scared of death, but aren't in a particular rush to die. You think they will bargain to not be killed, but if they think they're going to die anyway then they'll resist torture and be uncooperative.

"Your going to talk, on the ground, exactly where you are. Again, you aren't in the room for negotiating. I've got no reason to kill you, but your pissing me off and wasting my time.

Talk. Get released. Go away. Alternatively: Be stubborn and insist on release like you actually call the shots, suffocate slowly in the hot sun."

With a growing headache from these annoyances, Memsie wanted to be done with this situation. He didn't care if these two rats lived or died right now, he just needed the information and was done being told to jump through hoops to get it. I've got the elements at my fingers, and can bend time and space, treat me as such.

"So. There we have it. I'm sure you want to live, and you have something to offer for it, and we're willing to let you prove that. All we need is to ensure our safety. Any objections?" Idessa looks pointedly at the supine figure, one eyebrow cocked.

"I've got no reason to expect you won't kill me even if I give you what you want, release us first then I'll answer any questions you have. If it makes you feel better pick up my crossbow and hold it until I'm done giving answers. It's worth more to me than anything else I own, even though its financial value is only negligible." He motions to one of the two crossbows laying on the ground. It appears to be a heavy repeating crossbow.

Argor pipes up from is silence, "If you're quite finished, quit being dicks, I grow weary of this posturing. Where I come from there is an old saying that one tends to find more success in befriending ones' challengers than knifing them in the dark."

"Then release us and let us be friends"

We seem to have reached an impasse, these guys currently believe you're just going to kill them and no words you guys say is going to change that. They expect you're going to kill them for as long as they are completely at your mercy, and are behaving accordingly.

Memsie casts detect magic on the crossbow he wanted him to pickup. If there is any suspicious magic on it that would give him a leg up or do me harm, I coup de grace them both on the spot. Otherwise he unties the mans legs, but leaves his hands bound.

Their legs weren't bound, they are manacled at the wrist, and to each other. The crossbow does seem magical.

Without taking his eyes of the conscious man "Argor, pick up the crossbow. Tell me how you feel. Its some kind of magical." Still prepared to kill upon being slighted.

can I roll a use magic device to determine what the magical ability is? If not, what's the correct roll?

!roll 1d20+13 # use magic device

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6673 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom