[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

[trigger]use magic device: 30[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #587[/trigger]

no it would be spellcraft, if you had trapfinding you could make sure it wasn't magically trapped.

damn. Very well, I will wrap my hand in cloth (from an empty waterskin) so I do not directly touch it and pick it up.

[trigger]Spellcraft on the crossbow: 20[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: TimeCrush Re: #591[/trigger]

Memsie, feeling more foolish than threatened by this point but still pained with an annoying headache removes the awoken mans manacles. If he really is as powerful as he claims, the witch need not threaten or lord it over those weaker. No, next time he truly would act as a god, and kill without warning.

"Speak"

Standing up, he reaches over to the sleeping man, wakes him and helps him up. "We were hired to watch the well in that alley." He points off to the east side of the building. "The well is dried up and locked shut. Our orders were to kill the next person that touches the lock. If it was a halfling we were supposed to kill him, tie him up and feed his dead body to the crocodiles." With that he begins to help the other still groggy man out of his manacles.

"And this halfling, is that how you got into your predicament?" Memsie stood facing away from the two men, but with Reek watching from above and looked East towards the well. "More importantly, who hired you? Do you have any allegiance with them?" Mulling over an offer he didn't know if he wanted to give, more arms meant more progress.

The other one pipes up "The halfling, he didn't even cut us, just kept hitting me with flat of his blade, like he was just trying to knock me out. Which it looks like he did." The first one answers "Some woman hired us, we don't ask who they are, and they don't offer. That's how it always goes. We failed, which means it's time for the three of us to leave the city, wait where's Naeem?" He begins looking around at the other rooftops

"This is an unusual crossbow... anything you'd like to tell me about it? Purely out of interest, mind you; I have every intention of returning it to you. I am merely fascinated by unusual weapons."

"Nothing special about it" he says "It just pays the bills, everybody's got to earn a living somehow. If I could have that back I believe I've overstayed my visit to Tephu, it's time to move on."

!roll 1d20+6 # sense motive

[trigger]sense motive: 23[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #601[/trigger]

Memsie shimmies down the rope and inspects the padlock attached to the well, telling the others about the rooftop encounter along the way.

Has it been broken and entered? If so I to enter. If not, I wait for Argor or others to smash this thing.

Argor: You do not think he was lying.

Memsie: The padlock is unlocked and the grate is standing open. Peering down into the well you see a ladder leading down into darkness, you cannot see the bottom.

"Very well - safe travels. I would point the fastest way out of town but I suspect you already know that. Perhaps we shall meet again, though I find it unlikely."
I put down the crossbow on the roof and vanish over the side to rejoin the rest of my party before he has a chance to walk over and pick it up.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48198 Members
(5967 Online 317 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom