The "Help Me!" Mapping Thread

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Berry, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Berry

Berry Noob

For any issues regarding TF2C mapping.

FAQ / Solutions
    Cubemaps won't build!
    Several people have had this issue before, what you need to do is write these lines into the console after starting up TF2C:
    <pre class="CodeBlock">
    Code:
    mat_specular 0
    mat_hdr_level 0
    map yourmap
    buildcubemaps
    disconnect
    mat_hdr_level 2
    map yourmap
    buildcubemaps
    disconnect
    mat_specular 1
    map background01
    map yourmap
    </pre>

Tips
    Use -hijack
    Using -hijack in your games launch parameters (within hammer) makes hammer search for a running copy of the game to use and change its level to the map you're working on. This saves you entering a console command to reload the map every time!

2. TheSiphon

TheSiphon Noob

Will the other way from normal TF2 work ?-map "map name"
    <div>-mat_specular 0-buildcubemaps</div>-mat_specular 1-disconnect-sv_cheats 1-mat_reloadallmaterials-sv_cheats 0

3. Yoshiatom

Yoshiatom Noob

I can't seem to get a four team map working correctly, everything works but it still shows the RED/BLU team select, rather than the 4 team one. Any ideas?

4. MaartenS11

MaartenS11 Well-Known Member

Use a gamerule entity and set it to four teams

5. NSNP

NSNP Noob

In Hammer, all TF2 assets are unavailable. I've set up Hammer correctly, but I cannot find any textures for TF2, and all models appear as ERRORs. I get an error when I start up Hammer, saying "Invalid game "[game path]\common\teamfortress 2\tf" found in VPROJECT environment variable, ignoring.". Is there a solution for this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice