The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"
For people who have never heard of this game

Honestly, they didn't show a whole lot of this game before it was released. I'm talking we got MAYBE 10 minutes (probably less) of real gameplay that I can remember. But hey, if you are a fan of the show, you play as Daryl. So, I'm getting it today (Wednesday) and I'll be playing asap.

I loved TellTale's game, so I gotta try an fps with zombies. ^_^

Unfortunately, the game was unplayable with the horrible mouse lag. But from the reaction I've seen, I should be glad to not have played it. I'm never one for review sites but reading these after hearing so many people tell me the same thing kind of makes me glad I didn't play it.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has garnered a major negative response. Polygon were disappointed in the game and gave it a 3 out of 10 rating, stating that: "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is the exact sort of lazy, cheap cash-grab that gave licensed games a bad name in the first place" and compared playing the game to "listening to a roomful of barely competent musicians, each of whom is playing a completely different song. And every once in a while one kicks you in the groin. Also, you have a sunburn."[9] IGN gave the game 4.5/10 concluding the game didn't live up to the franchises expectations and is not worthy of attention. The review cited ugly graphics, a poor combat system, copious filler missions and a lacking narrative.[10] Game Informer gave the game 5/10, stating that the game is a "repetitive and uneventful journey through the apocalypse."

The video I posted is of Radbrad. He plays through the entire game (eventually), so watch his videos if you want to see gameplay. Just isn't worth the mouselag for me to try.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6673 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom