[FoF] There will be no peace for the wicked.

VaultBot

I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.
First of all, thank you all for your understanding to my previous announcement, I'm really moved by such a warm response. I just would like to explain myself a bit better and also try to clear any doubts you may have regarding FoF's future.

Why online reputation should matter to any of you.

One of my complains wasn't about negative reviews at all, anyone has the right to write such reviews as far they are minimally fair. My complain was about reputation tarnishing reviews. Someone in a highly upvoted review that can be seen on top implied that I usually ban legit players right and left and treat all those people like shit. That was the actual problem, I never have done that, that's not me. That's just a wicked and very negative image of me someone was touting as true. I'm a game developer, if I ever wanted to release a new game or talk about my past projects, should I have to carry such fabricated reputation on my shoulders?

There's lot of young people around here that may not understand the full implications of this behavior. It's not a game, reputation tarnish practices are an actual crime in lots of countries. Any of you have the right to protect your reputation as much as I do, and that's what I tried to do and probably didn't explained properly. This is as serious as it can get, really. Upvote any negative review if you think it highlights an actual problem, but please, report those who seek to destroy other people's reputation.

About Fistful of Frags future development.

I'm not just leaving this mod behind to never come back. I'm stopping my development duties as implementing new features or designing new maps. I fully created half the official maps approximately and also coded the entire game, there's not much more I could actually add to improve gameplay or overall feel.

However, I'll keep doing maintenance work as bug fixing and other backstage tasks. I'll be cooperating with the community when needed, for instance: adding new community maps to official rotation, new assets or whatever the community brings to keep FoF alive. If any of you want to contribute somehow, feel free to do it. You'll make lot of people happy, except a few haters ;)

Continue reading...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6544 Online 354 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom