Thinking about getting a tattoo

How many free affliction shirts and tapout hats with flat brims did they give you with the tattoo bro? Gonna hang out with your bros and bro out and drink beers bro? Wanna chill with the bros and hang bro?

RNMFfsg.jpg

that's a .22 btw

So far at work I've gotten expected reactions. Some people thought it was cool, some people thought it was fake because this isn't like me, some people asked what it meant, someone people were like "meh", and 1 person told me I'll never be able to find a job.

No hard feelings to anyone, cuz I didn't do this for them. I did it for me.

any jobs that are too "posh" to look down on tattoos are jobs that would require you to have button down shirts which typically are long sleeve dress shirts as standard for dress code which will easily hide that. I never really understood the whole "Tattoos make people unprofessional" thing. It is like "MY GOD HE CAN EXPRESS HIMSELF!!! NOOOOOooOOoooOoOOO!!!111!!!." We want mindless drones dammit!

any jobs that are too "posh" to look down on tattoos are jobs that would require you to have button down shirts which typically are long sleeve dress shirts as standard for dress code which will easily hide that. I never really understood the whole "Tattoos make people unprofessional" thing. It is like "MY GOD HE CAN EXPRESS HIMSELF!!! NOOOOOooOOoooOoOOO!!!111!!!." We want mindless drones dammit!

And then there are people who are dumb enough to get tattoos clean up their neck and on their face... But they probably don't have the requirements for that job, or they would have been a bit more intelligent at the tattoo shop.

Wow Reechard that is a broad baseless generalization. Just because people get tattoos it has no correlation with their intelligence. Some people go overboard with certain things in life all the time. Some are more visual or affect their lives more than others. No reason to take a holy than thou stance on it....

I agree with Reechard. We're still not at the time where people can just do whatever they want with their bodies and expect everyone to be cool with it. Tattoos on the face/neck and hands are impossible to cover up and you are really limiting yourself to what you can do. Not just for jobs, but there may still be businesses who deny you service as a customer. You can do what you want, but you can't expect an entire culture to change over night to accept you.

Wow Reechard that is a broad baseless generalization. Just because people get tattoos it has no correlation with their intelligence. Some people go overboard with certain things in life all the time. Some are more visual or affect their lives more than others. No reason to take a holy than thou stance on it....

I have a *lot* of tattoos. If you get a tattoo on your neck or face, you've expressed your intelligence. Part of being intelligent is having a certain amount of self control and reason with the actions you take, and understanding the impact those actions will have on your life. Whether you agree with the concept of tattoos being unprofessional or not, if you're an intelligent person you will think and understand that it will have a permanent impact on your life *before* you make that choice, and by and large intelligent people don't screw over their entire lives to "get back at the man". If you're fine doing manual labor for the rest of your life, then fine, get all the face tattoos you want, because nobody cares if the press operator looks like a lizard. If you think you're going to function in a business environment with an ice cream cone tattooed on your face, then you should probably go back to middle school and try again.

There's no holier than thou attitude about it. This is real life. There's nothing baseless about it.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(9412 Online 836 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom