• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Open] Unwarranted Ban, Even If Only 3 Days

Garbodor

Invoked on 03-30-22 14:32

Banlength 3 d

Expires on 04-02-22 14:32

Steam ID STEAM_0:0:216364532

Reason General douchebaggery, a history of, or several rule violations
Banned by Admin Dreck the Opossum

Dreck knew zero context to literally anything we were talking about on the server, and banned me about 30 minutes after giving me a warning, but I didn't even get a warning in game in the first place, plus during those 30 minutes I mention literally nothing about Ukraine. He also accuses me of having a history of rule violations, when to my knowledge I've had zero since I don't play TF2c often. In the logs it says the warning he gave was my first and final warning because I was harassing Ukrainian players, but he didn't even see what I actually said. Originally made a joke about supporting the current thing, which I could see the reason behind a warning somewhat, but when I actually mention a Ukrainian by name was when a Ukrainian player had joined and I mentioned it in chat. No slur along with it, no insult, not even demeaning. He even accuses me of "baiting behaviors" which I don't even know what that even means. After that I get banned for 300 seconds, and I wait for that to be over and find out I got banned for three days. Last I checked a warning is meant to notify that you've done something wrong, and a 300 second ban is meant to enforce that, a 3 day ban is meant to be harsher enforcement of the rules. It was one right after the other. Guess bans happen here based on interpretation and lack of context. Last thing I want to mention is the fact that Dreck has a history of abusing power, and he is by far the most disliked admin. Just look at the administrator log, and Dreck has been at it non stop. This is beyond rule enforcement and feels more like power tripping petty tyrant.

Your ban contest has been received and will be reviewed. Typically I'll get back to you with a decision in 24-48h.

Sooo... if I understand this right, you're upset you got a 3 day ban for a thinly veiled anti-Semitic comment after having previously been warned by a staff member for the nature of other topics you were bringing up/participating in? That's hardly power tripping; It's the staff member enforcing the rules like we ask them to do and well within our documented policies for a second infraction if problems continue after the initial warning.

Both hate speech and intentionally bringing up controversial topics are explicitly listed in our server rules. You were warned, broke the rules again and received a temp ban as a result. The 500 seconds you are referring to was not a ban, it was a timeout because the ban was taking longer than expected to take effect in the system, so I can understand if the sequence of events was confusing, but I don't think it changes the situation.

I'm not seeing anything here that would lead me to adjust the ban length to a significant degree, so I'd say consider it a lesson learned the hard way.

Sooo... if I understand this right, you're upset you got a 3 day ban for a thinly veiled anti-Semitic comment after having previously been warned by a staff member for the nature of other topics you were bringing up/participating in? That's hardly power tripping; It's the staff member enforcing the rules like we ask them to do and well within our documented policies for a second infraction if problems continue after the initial warning.

Both hate speech and intentionally bringing up controversial topics are explicitly listed in our server rules. You were warned, broke the rules again and received a temp ban as a result. The 500 seconds you are referring to was not a ban, it was a timeout because the ban was taking longer than expected to take effect in the system, so I can understand if the sequence of events was confusing, but I don't think it changes the situation.

I'm not seeing anything here that would lead me to adjust the ban length to a significant degree, so I'd say consider it a lesson learned the hard way.
"thinly veiled anti-semitic comment" First off, I am Jewish. Second off, where did you even get anything to do with Jews from? Third, I never received a warning to begin with, or at least not in game. Either way, during the entire time I was on the server, nobody was actively talking smack to anyone, and no one was actively being racist or harassing Ukrainian players, which is evident since you did nothing to even refute what the ban was over to begin with. If your staff team is deadset on making up baseless accusations because your most disliked admin is getting called out for being a petty tyrant, then the TF2c devs need to reconsider who run their servers. Doesn't help that said admin is more than happy to talk about vore, and spray softcore stuff in your servers and actively defend those actions.

Excuse the brevity, this week has been pretty hectic so I have not had much of a contiguous block of time to myself.

First off, I am Jewish.
Irrelevant. We still still don't let someone in a particular group be derogatory towards that group.

Second off, where did you even get anything to do with Jews from
First line here, this is from your chat transcript in HLStats. There's literally no reason for the second clause of that sentence except to draw attention to it in a negative way. It's clearly deliberate because of the self-censorship of "Jewish" into a phrase most frequently used to be surreptitious when discussing said group in a negative way. Had you just said "NewEngland is shit in general", we wouldn't be having this conversation.
gorb3-png.672

I never received a warning to begin with, or at least not in game.
You did. It's logged as an sm_psay which means it's a direct chat message from the staff member, to you, that was printed to your chat window in bright green with an "ADMIN" prefix. It's unfortunate if you didn't see it but that's not on us.

you did nothing to even refute what the ban was over to begin with.
Because that's not what the ban was about. You were warned for it, but the ban was for the above.

making up baseless accusations
Pot, meet kettle.

getting called out for being a petty tyrant, then the TF2c devs need to reconsider who run their servers. Doesn't help that said admin is more than happy to talk about vore, and spray softcore stuff in your servers and actively defend those actions.
If you have a problem with a staff member's actions and can provide explicit examples for reference, you are more than welcome to bring it up with one of the community managers and it will be looked into. However, I'm not entertaining your claim they are being a petty tyrant or power-tripping based on the information I have for this particular situation.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8330 Online 783 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom