Valve pulling servers

Statboy

Resident Cueball
For those that haven't noticed valve has pulled most of their servers for TF2 and switched them to DOTA 2. This seems like a good thing initially, groups like ours that provide public servers for TF2 should see an increase in usage again, this is actually very bad because Valve has pulled all their Mann Up mode servers as well. If you try to get into a game of MVM Mann Up with a ticket that you bought you'll notice only 2 servers are running Mann Up world wide atm, with a waiting que topping 500 people during peak hours. The TF2 discussion board on steam has lit up with people noting how many more DOTA 2 Servers are running now. I've always stood behind Valve as they have never mistreated me as a consumer but this seems a little outrageous. I am hoping it is only a bug preventing the servers from running MVM, but until we find out what's everyone's thoughts about it?

I doubt we'll see any direct benefit unless they reverse the default option that shuttles players to valve servers.

Otherwise, all you'll get is people pushing 'play now', not finding any servers, and thinking the game is broken. Either that or people will actually have to learn how to use the server browser again...

Most FPS's don't have company servers. They rely on peer-to-peer or gaming communities hosting their own. Mann Up mode is garbage in my opinion and I won't miss it. I've only played about 2 weeks worth of it and haven't touched it since.

Most FPS's don't have company servers. They rely on peer-to-peer or gaming communities hosting their own. Mann Up mode is garbage in my opinion and I won't miss it. I've only played about 2 weeks worth of it and haven't touched it since.
You have to purchase a ticket to play on Mann Up mode, and then it can only be played on a valve server and not a community one. So it is a problem that Valve is selling something they don't actually provide atm

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48187 Members
(10469 Online 893 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom