Valve Steam Controller Re-design 3/15/14

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Arron Dominion, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion Achievement Hunter

2. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Still not seeing trackpads as a viable alternative to analog sticks. For competitive gaming it doesn't come close to mouse and keyboard still.

3. Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Achievement Hunter

yeah track pads can go fuck themselves... it would be slightly almost like playing a game on a tablet or kindle...

4. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Valve should stick to their core business, and that's coding software. They should leave peripheral design to the pros. Hire a 3rd party company to come up with something. Or since they have so many community upload options for their games have a design competition for the Steam community

As for me, I'm sticking with my PC Elite Master Race keyboard and mouse.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  5. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

I'm surprised they decided to do away with the mini-display that was originally planned. Curious to hear the reasoning behind that.

Also... I'll just leave this here:

[​IMG]

6. Arron Dominion

I think the reason for removing the display was to increase legacy games compatibility that already had controller support. The layout change I think was due to the feedback that the original design was too far away from the original.

7. oasis789

oasis789 Noob

That doesn't make sense, why would removing the display improve backwards compatibility? Surely they could just disable it for games that wouldn't use it

8. Arron Dominion

The original setup did not allow for a strict start/select/homebutton

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice