VintagePC

GodModePC
VF4-S (Server Operator)
Forum Operator
Minecraft Operator
Global Moderator
Staff Member
vault-logo-xmas.png

That's right, it's Vaultmas, and Secret Santa Time!

The basic concept of the Secret Santa game is simple. All of the participants’ names are placed into a hat, box, etc. and mixed up. Each person then chooses one name from the box, but doesn't tell anyone which name was picked. He/she is now responsible for buying a gift for the person selected.

When the Secret Santa wraps his/her gift, he/she should label it with the recipient's name but doesn't indicate whom the present is from. (Remember, most of the fun is in the secrecy.)

How it is going to work Vault-style

Everyone who is interested is going to post that they want to participate. The spending limit for your gift will be $20; however, if you want to spend more, do so at your own discretion. The point of the limit is to keep this fun (the event is not meant to be a burden). I will keep the list of all the people that are participating.

The gifts will be mostly Steam Games/Gifts to keep it simple. If you do not have a problem with receiving an actual physical gift, you can PM me your address and I will give that to your Secret Santa.

People have until December 12th to sign up for this great event! On December 14th, you will all be assigned your Secret Santa! It is now time to get those gifts! You can try and find out what to get your person (and risk exposure!) or just improvise and get them what you think they will like. (Reminder, please ensure your steam wishlists/profiles are PUBLIC and have a few items on them, for this reason!)

Everyone will have until December 22nd to buy the gift you are going to give. On December 23rd, at 8:00PM Eastern the gifts may be given! (Make sure that you have your Steam Account associated with your forum account.)

A Bit of Housekeeping:

• As a result of people not buying gifts (and to prevent anyone from being left out of the holiday cheer), you MUST send me (Vintage) some sort of proof prior to the giving that shows you've purchased your gift. This can be a screenshot/forward of the "Thank you for your purchase" email from Steam, OR you can use the "send to an email address" and send the gift to my email, which is my username @vaultf4.com. (I won't redeem it, but that way it can either be forwarded to the intended recipient should you not be around, and/or you can re-send it to the real recipient at the time of giving.) Newly purchased gifts can't be sent via steam item trading for 30 days, hence the email method of doing so. I will remind you if I have not seen any proof 2-3 days before the giving.
  • Furthermore, if you fail to buy a gift for your recipient, we will either withhold your santa's gift until such time as you do, and/or may ask your santa to instead pass it to the person you should have purchased a gift for.
  • If you fail to buy a gift without a valid reason, you will automatically be excluded/ineligible to participate in future secret Santa events or VF4 giveaways/contests. Public shaming will happen if you try to enter such events anyway.
  • Please wait for my OK to send your gift - I will let you know once your target has shown proof their gift has been purchased and it is OK to send them theirs on the 23rd.

TL;DR: If you don't give (and show us you intend to give), you don't get.

To participate please respond to this post with the following before the 14th:

"I want to participate in the Vault F4 Secret Santa Gift Exchange!

I understand that by signing up for this event I am guaranteeing that I will buy a gift for whoever I am assigned.

If I wish to back out of this fun, then I have to let VintagePC know BEFORE December 14th.

I have associated my forum account with my steam account"

Final Reminders:

• People should have steam wish-lists that are publicly viewable to aid the Santa in gift selection. This way you have something to consider/fall back on or use if you don't know the person at all, or so you can watch the Steam sales for something they might like.
  • Operators have a discussed the repercussions for people that fail to buy gifts and failure to do so will result in being publicly shamed. To be honest, for some people this may be the only gift they get this holiday, so keeping with the spirit of the holidays let's make sure they get a gift and not a miserable feeling.

I understand that by signing up for this event I am guaranteeing that I will buy a gift for whoever I am assigned.

If I wish to back out of this fun, then I have to let VintagePC know BEFORE December 14th.

signed LJ. will pm my address to vint

-Farside/Aech

The Pengoo already has my address, because he is the king herring of stalkers....

The Pengoo already has my address, because he is the king herring of stalkers....
The old one.... not the new one. Though I think reechard did share the listing with me at some point...

New

something something copied from larver

Ze secret satans have been assigned. PMs will be appearing in inboxes shortly.

PMs have been sent. If I have horribly messed things up and completely ruined your christmas by not sending you one, please let me know with your choice of insults and expletives.

Reminder: I'll start sending reminders tomorrow if you haven't forwarded a proof-of-purchase yet, and I'll start busting kneecaps on the 22nd. :p

Awesome, I have confirmation from everyone that gifts have been bought!

And now we wait...

P.S... if you get a physical gift... post pictures! :D

By far the best Christmas gift I have ever received!!! Freudian slips everypenis!!!! <3

HexyGift.jpg

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9066 Online 679 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom