Vf4 Secret Santa/gift Exchange?

Oooh, yes. I had a lot of fun with it last year... we should do it again.

Edit:

If nobody else wants to, I'm considering taking charge of it and doing the organizing.

I believe it was Meat who did it last year and I think it was done pretty damn well. I'm up to joining in on this. ^_^

Ok before I write up anything. Do we want to do a Secret Santa? Or spice it up with a Yankee Swap?

Yankee Swap:

Another variation on the gift exchange is a fun game called Yankee Swap. Suitable for small to large groups, the game, also going by Yankee Doodle or Dirty Santa, adds an element of excitement and humor to traditional gift giving.
In Yankee Swap each participant brings a wrapped, unmarked gift and places it in a designated area. Guests are given numbers as they arrive, or their names are randomly drawn, and they select and unwrap gifts from the pile in that order — with a twist.
The person who receives the number 1 will pick a gift (that is not their own) from the pile and open it for all to see (or models it, reads it, or demos it). During the selection of a wrapped gift, the participant may visually inspect the gifts, pick them up and/or gently shake them.
The person who receives number 2 then chooses a gift and opens it, and then must decide whether to keep it or swap it for the first player’s gift. Each person in order then gets to select a present, open it and decide whether to keep it or swap it for any other gift someone has already opened.
Opening of gifts and swapping takes place until all the presents have been chosen. Finally, the person who picked first gets to choose from all the gifts or keep what he/she has already received. In the end, the gift you are holding is the gift you take home.

I would be interested in this and Yankee swap sounds awesome but I am curious as to how it would work over the internet?

In the event that people wanted to do a Yankee Swap, I would not participate and have knowledge of all the gifts that were purchased. Whoever gets #1 would select a gift. I would then reveal it to everyone. Whoever gets #2 will choose a gift and I will reveal that one, they can then decide to keep it or swap with person 1. So on and So forth until they are no more gifts.

It could all be done on the forums or on Steam or TS depending on everyone's availability.

I would say spending limit would be AT MOST $20. Thinking like $10-15. Want it to be fun, not burdensome

I think that while the swap is a fun idea, it has the potential to leave a lot of people with things they might not really want or would play (in the case of steam games).

I'd say the secret santa because that will give the person time to find out what there person likes :)

I think what we did last year was predominantly steam gifts, but if the person was ok with physical gifts in the mail they had the option to provide a mailing address (but then their santa would need to have a good idea of what sort of thing they would like).

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(8708 Online 694 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom