What Are You Reading?

CorruptDictator

I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC
Just tossin the question out there. I am currently working through Fear to Tread, a Warhammer 40k Hersey novel. Next on my list is Scholar by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

the lastest book in the Kane chronicals. And rereading the Hier books.

Stephen King's The Stand. Great, great post-apocalypse style book, if a bit magical.

Ah, I love the Stand, Spazz. Now I like you even more. My brother introduced me to Stephen King. Did you know the first book he ever wrote and tried to publish was about angels falling from the sky and all that stuff. Was rejected because of how much gore it had.

Taking another stab at Dune. Seemed that each time I tried it before, an English teacher would spring some great Dickens work on the class which would more or less kill any hopes of reading something else for the duration.

Ah, I love the Stand, Spazz. Now I like you even more. My brother introduced me to Stephen King. Did you know the first book he ever wrote and tried to publish was about angels falling from the sky and all that stuff. Was rejected because of how much gore it had.

And thus apparently began an era of awesome.

Been reading Sherlock Holmes again, never can get enough of that and Hercule Poirot.

Taking another stab at Dune. Seemed that each time I tried it before, an English teacher would spring some great Dickens work on the class which would more or less kill any hopes of reading something else for the duration.

This is worth the time, even after book 3 or 4 when things get REALLY confusing and hard to push through, it's worth finishing.

I've been reading more "graphic novels" (comic books) lately, since they resolve a bit quicker and the story is in and out most of the time. I've had less time for pleasure reading than I'd like.

Transmetropolitan
Preacher
HellBlazer (Constantine)
RED
Crossed
Wormwood

All of these are "adult oriented" and I wouldn't let a kid near them. They're all very good stories though.

Would recommend HellBlazer for sure.
I started reading from the very start and I've got a long way to go lol, but so worth it.

Psychic Academy by Katsu Aki.It's a wonderful,awesome type of manga to read if your into the love affair,psychic ability used against other people,to comic relief and humor to keep the readers interesting in the story.

It might not be a book filled with over 140pages but in my opinion the pictures and words do a pretty top notch job to catch the action and amazing events in the series.

I ended up starting Shadows of Treachery (yes, more 40k) instead of Scholar just because I was grabbing a book on my way out the other day and was not paying attention to which book I took.

I need a new good book or series to read. I've tried a few things here and there recently ..but none have held my attention long. The last good series that I read was the Codex Alera books by Jim Butcher..and that's been a while. I guess I've read a couple decent things since then, just not anything that I got lost in. Help..I need to get lost in something. :) any suggestions? I've read just about everything by N. Gaiman, Terry Pratchett..so many books...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48185 Members
(8199 Online 455 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom