Windborne Alpha - First Impressions

FYI there's a series of tutorials on Youtube by the devs that give you the basis on harvesting, land shaping (yes, you can make hills and holes) and crafting... see here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windborne+tutorial&sm=3

As for what stage it is in, right now it's just a sandbox environment to play with/build stuff and what not; they are planning on adding a story and content as they work their way out of alpha. IIRC you can also invite people to your island and collaborate to build stuff with them.

My understanding is that the steam early access feature will end in the new year; I don't know whether that entails having to buy the full game or not - and since it's alpha there is a possibility your island may get reset... but no reason not to seek to destroy it all anyway! :D

Yeah, next video I'll play in my native resolution. No hd, but I'll record longer. Going to spend some time taking at least ONE entire floating island thing.

lol where did ya hire the chipmunk, looks like an interesting game, i might try it out

ok so did some looking, having trouble finding it

Last edited:
Lol, I've got some more videos to upload. The rest are regular speed. This island is taking time to steal.

It's interesting, even if there isn't much to do. But that's not too surprising.

Unfortunately, it's early early alpha preview. Vintage got a press copy (or so he told me, I think he got it in "other" ways), and he gave me a key. =D

http://www.hiddenpath.com/games/windborne/

The forums sometimes have keys, but that's the best I can do.

I got a key as a bonus because I was a Kickstarter backer for Defense Grid 2, one of hidden path's other projects, and they sent me a second key in addition to my own... I handed it to Geoff because I know he likes doing LP videos and it's a little more exclusive content because it's early alpha. ;)

No promises, but let me see what I can do... :)

may have found out how to get a code so no worries if i dont get one, will wait until they release the game

That should be the slower version of the first island thief video.

Also, going to upload a video in a second to test something out.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(8453 Online 584 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom