You Know What Really Grinds Geoff's Gears?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geoff, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Dookie

Dookie Well-Known Member

Agreed. My knuckles don't want the peanut butter....

2. Spazz

Spazz Achievement Hunter

Know what grinds my gears?

Stalkers. What the fuck, you have nothing better to do than keep a person paranoid and jumpy all the time? Get a real damn hobby.

3. Conor

Conor Noob

Wanna know what grinds my butt cheaks.

PEOPLE WHO SAY TRUTH IS ON FACEBOOK.

4. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

^ But...the truth IS on facebook bro.

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who have such thin skin that they get butthurt over the smallest fucking things.

5. spybait

spybait Resident Touhou Expert Member from long ago...

Heh... Story of my night... Really grinds my gears when people who are new to TF2 call out highly skilled/experienced players for hacking, just because ((to be blunt)), THEY'RE BETTER THAN YOU.

6. Geoff

That shows like The View or that fucking ghost hunting show not only are still GOING but even EXIST at all. "WHAT WAS THAT SOUND?" It's a FUCKING SOUND A HOUSE MAKES WHEN IT'S OLD AS FUCK!" Gaaaaaaaaaah

7. Dookie

Dookie Well-Known Member

Finding Bigfoot is the best....

Did you hear that!?!?!?1 It must be a squwatch. There he [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]@#$T

8. Geoff

Another apocalypse has come and gone, but we don't have another date to worry about. We need a new date already, come on!

I bet it'll be 2020!

9. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Tomorrow.

If nothing happens tomorrow, re-read this post :D

10. Geoff

You know what really grinds my gears? (WALL O TEXT APPROACHES)

Alright, so I was driving home and I figured I'd call gamestop real quick to see if MAYBE they had a used copy of Far Cry 3. Guy picks up pretty quickly and says he's putting me on hold. I figure, sure what the hell, I'm 20 minutes away from home anyway. Bastard kept me on hold for 18 minutes. I'm pretty sure after the first 5 they just forgot I called. And then I heard them hang the phone up.

Thanks gamestop. I'm glad I buy shit there still.

11. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

After 10 minutes you should have said fuck it an hung up, and then severed ties to that business in this golden age of internet competition.

12. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

Internet/television/phone service provider monopolies, and the shit service that comes with them.
    I feel blessed to live in an area that has options, and in this moment feel terrible for those who don't.

13. 13thforsworn

13thforsworn Achievement Hunter

That's Canada. Everything is run by Rogers, Bell, or Telus, and we get shittier internet that costs more than Americans.

14. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

It happens in the US too... Comcast, Time Warner, CableVision... verizon. each has areas where only they offer service.

15. Envark

Envark Noob

Hang up and drive.

16. Geoff

^ Why? Put the thing on speaker and sat it on my leg. I'm not blind when I'm on a phone.

17. VintagePC

That's not the point.
    The process of looking at the phone and handling it is not the only dangerous component of using a phone while driving. The conversation itself is also distracting you.

18. Geoff

My fucking cat. As much as I try to plug the hole he crawls through, he'll spend an hour pushing his way through just to wake me up. >_<

And until a crash ever happens, I'm very safe on my phone.

19. VintagePC

Know what grinds my gears? People that go "I'm a safe distracted driver" or "I can multi-task fine in the car".
    That's exactly the wrong attitude to take. I'd have less of an issue with it if the risk of distracted driving was entirely your own. However, you are ALSO risking other people's lives, which are not yours to risk in the first place. Put down the F*cking phone/sandwich/donut/coffee/whatever.

I knew someone first-hand (pedestrian) who was KILLED by the one and ONLY car on the road because he was briefly distracted and changed lanes. Oh, and the pedestrian was finished crossing and had one foot on the sidewalk on the other side.

So, without any of that "I'm a safe distracted driver/it'll never happen to me" B.S., ask yourself this: "can you live with knowing your actions killed someone, and devastated their family?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Geoff

I was taking a back road where no one drives. Ever. Of my 6 years of being on that road, I've seen a total of 3 other cars. Holding the phone on my leg, in speaker mode, while watching the road and driving as I normally do waiting for a voice to pop through the speaker, I'm not any more distracted than if I was listening to music.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice