[FoF] 15th Anniversary! and sneak peak of upcoming update

VaultBot

I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.
Fistful of Frags existed way before its Steam release in 2014, in fact, only half its existence has happened on this platform. It was the end of year 2007 when this adventure started. Those were other times for sure: YouTube or Facebook? two small start-ups. Smartphones? ha! Freemium exploitative games? Fortunately not.

As a western modification for Half-Life 2, our first public beta was rather small, unpolished, yet engaging. Vigilantes, desperados, team based gameplay (way slower than it is now), 5 maps and a handful of weapons.

18e8599c87de2f6fc74296f9b668348a16d662f4.png

Many more betas, weapons, maps, game modes and lots of changes came, and of course, a release on Steam that allowed us to be known and played by millions of persons. Ain't the subject of this modest reminder to talk about all those releases. Some FoF 'historians' around could tell you the positives and negatives of such lengthy development cycle.

Beyond success and failure, what's really important to me is how lot of great people shared their time with each other, making assets, giving feedback or publicising the game around. That's how many stories of friendliness (and even romance!) started. Do you have any story to share? I'd love to read them.

Finally, the past is gone and future is always around the corner. Here's a sneak peak of something we'll be playing soon!

d990683f5713e75ad1935d3a654044ea8c86a417.gif

(yep, that in the background is one of our first maps, tramonto_lite)

Continue reading...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48176 Members
(8329 Online 582 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom