• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Banned for supposed racism/hate speech when I said nothing of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F10 to defuse

Banhammered
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/pentegrammai/
In-Game name: Pente Grammai
Time of Ban: 3:13
Date of Ban: 04-04-23
Steam ID: 76561198060193508
Reason for Ban: Racism/hate speech
Additional Comments: I'm a little ticked off because I've been playing this game since 2015 and I cannot think of anything that constitutes as racism/hate speech. Can somebody explain to me why I am banned? Hopefully this is just a mistake and it gets rectified immediately.

Since I'm the one who issued your ban, I will not be the one making the decision on your ban.

However I'd like to state for the record you have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 10 previous bans of different sorts on record, and 5 warnings on record. And then you post this in the presence of an admin. In what universe is this an acceptable thing to post in a TF2 server chat?
upload_2023-4-3_22-32-37.png

Since I'm the one who issued your ban, I will not be the one making the decision on your ban.

However I'd like to state for the record you have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 10 previous bans of different sorts on record, and 5 warnings on record. And then you post this in the presence of an admin. In what universe is this an acceptable thing to post in a TF2 server chat?View attachment 1056
I can get why you would think "the rothschilds did this" is anti-semitic, but that's obviously a joke, and one not directed at all jewish peoples at that. "Gas the bikes race car now" My friend sent me an ifunny meme with that slogan and I thought it was a funny saying. And I thought it would be inoffensive too, since it doesn't actually say anything bad, I thought it was funny that it could be perceived in a bad way. I'm sorry if that offended you or anyone else. Also, what do you mean that I have 10 bans??? I only have three bans, one of them being this one.

Correction: 3 bans (including this one) and 3 communications bans (bans from chat+voice). Along with 5 warnings that was 10 times in a row you did something that broke the rules that staff actioned you on in some way prior to this one.

This is how much I fucking love old tf2. I'm no racist. I just want to play my childhood man.
Why are multiple people reacting to this saying its not helpful? The thing is, I literally did not say a single thing racist, an admin perceived it that way, banned me out of spite like an hour after I said these things, then lied about how many bans I had to make me look bad on the forums. How is this fair, especially for a game with a sense of humor? If you are so worried tbat I'm a disengenuine human and you think I'm not sorry, then why not just permanently gag me? Why does a permaban seem fitting for making a joke that, in the most literal sense, is not racist or hate speech?

Are we so soft now that we cannot even make fun of racists without being labeled a "racist" now??? How could you even get offended at such an obvious joke as "the rothschilds did this". How is that even racist? I'm mind-blown right now.

And for the record, my last ban was two years ago. I am a good human.

That's... highly debatable. You've repeatedly proven yourself to be a less than upstanding community member due to your history of racism, harassment and transphobic remarks. The past few weeks alone you've been observed making rape jokes, calling people retards, and more. All of which factored into this decision.

then why not just permanently gag me? Why does a permaban seem fitting for making a joke that, in the most literal sense, is not racist or hate speech?

What a world we would live in if people breaking the rules got to choose their punishment... Also, *news flash*, we increase the severity of punishment for each subsequent infraction. This is your sixth which resulted in notable punishment, and even our previous unrevised rules stated that a fifth offense would be considered permaban-worthy. Under the current rules, that threshold is at 3.

I haven't had an infraction in years. I'll keep my mouth shut if I'm ever unbanned. I am actually passionate about the mod and would love to support it. I think I deserve another chance.

Funny, sourcebans shows me your last infraction was, in fact, about a month ago where you got a 4 hour mute for obscene language. At this point, considering your infraction history, you've had more "chances" already than some people. Both the staff and TF2C devs have had enough of repeat offenders not getting the hint and continuing to act out, and disagree with you on that last point.

At least I was honest. The moderator who banned me wasn't.

Pot, meet kettle. I'm not going to accept your premise nor that this appeal was made in good faith because last time around you pulled the same bullshit - downplayed your own involvement, also accused a staff member of having it in for you when you were being blatantly transphobic. And given your history with us, I don't think it improbable at all that you knew exactly what you were saying. Further considering there's a prior appeal from you, here's ZERO justification for you to be unfamiliar with our rules at this point. So you can take your thinly veiled Nazi dog-whistles and waltz right on out of the door. It's funny how people change their tune when they get called out on their shit and need to backpedal.

I think we're done here.

That's... highly debatable. You've repeatedly proven yourself to be a less than upstanding community member due to your history of racism, harassment and transphobic remarks. The past few weeks alone you've been observed making rape jokes, calling people retards, and more. All of which factored into this decision.

What a world we would live in if people breaking the rules got to choose their punishment... Also, *news flash*, we increase the severity of punishment for each subsequent infraction. This is your sixth which resulted in notable punishment, and even our previous unrevised rules stated that a fifth offense would be considered permaban-worthy. Under the current rules, that threshold is at 3.

Funny, sourcebans shows me your last infraction was, in fact, about a month ago where you got a 4 hour mute for obscene language. At this point, considering your infraction history, you've had more "chances" already than some people. Both the staff and TF2C devs have had enough of repeat offenders not getting the hint and continuing to act out, and disagree with you on that last point.

Pot, meet kettle. I'm not going to accept your premise nor that this appeal was made in good faith because last time around you pulled the same bullshit - downplayed your own involvement, also accused a staff member of having it in for you when you were being blatantly transphobic. And given your history with us, I don't think it improbable at all that you knew exactly what you were saying. Further considering there's a prior appeal from you, here's ZERO justification for you to be unfamiliar with our rules at this point. So you can take your thinly veiled Nazi dog-whistles and waltz right on out of the door. It's funny how people change their tune when they get called out on their shit and need to backpedal.

I think we're done here.
"Transphobic" Oh you mean one of the only sane people left who don't see why children should take hormones and effectively castrate themselves? Your mods get to inject their politics into the game but I can't say its fucking gross? You're a retard. If I ever go back to your shitty community it'll be on an alt and you'll have no idea. I probably won't even bother doing that though because this just goes to show what kind of pathetic losers spend their time playing video games. It's all worked out perfect. I think we are done here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(6758 Online 379 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom