[RTS] Dawn Of War Ii

Discussion in 'Archives' started by CorruptDictator, Nov 28, 2012.

1. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

Another "does anyone play it" question thread. As I see I am not alone in being a 40k fan i was just wondering if anyone has it/plays anymore. I have all three installments, I also have all but the last part of the original Dawn of War (on disc though and not currently installed).

2. Brother Ariman

Brother Ariman Grand Moderator of Noxus

I would love to play it sadly my computer isn't good enough to handle it on a setting that's enjoyable to play on.

3. CorruptDictator

When my friends were still willing to play, we mostly did teams of us vs bots (the bots are pretty unforgiving) and still had a ton of fun, especially when doing silly things like playing Eldar and only building Wraithlords while my frineds were not paying attention. I called our victory "March of the Ents" as all my unit slowly lumbered across the fields.

4. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

i finally brought the dow2 with its expansions just a few days ago when it was 20 bucks at a local store as i played the original from a torrent but back then i didnt like it so thought well 20 bucks lets give it a other try(after i found out a few friends played it) and have yet to try playing it :p

5. CorruptDictator

The campaign in DoW2 Retribution is pretty lack luster, but it has the most unit and upgrade choices for multiplayer. I personally always enjoyed doing the campaign with a friend so you can be more strategic with how you use your units.

6. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

You must have not have played Pirate Orks, because that was a blast. That said, I own all the games in the series, plus Space Marine. With the second, I've mostly played last stand, but I recently found a mod that adds Grey Knights and pseudo Tau (more or less just an Imp Guard reskin) so I might play more sometime. With the first I love playing add on mods like DoWXP and the like, was not a fan of air units in Soulstorm though.

7. CorruptDictator

I never did finish Space Marine, but I did very much enjoy what I played of it. Shame the multi in that one was not more stable (when will be people learn lack of dedicated servers sucks).