Dev blog 1

A number of people have been asking about what has been going on recently. Here is a rundown of exactly what we've been doing.
Security updatesAs many are aware our game was subject to an exploit that affected mods and games running on the unpatched Source SDK 2013 engine. This attack was patched by Valve a long time ago for TF2s main client however this bug remained unpatched in Source SDK Base 2013, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Day of Defeat: Source.
Valve has since patched the exploit on every Valve game listed above and Source SDK 2013 has had a patch pushed to the beta_test branch.
TF2 Classics code has since been updated to work with the beta_test branch and an official patch will come live soon.
Website updatesThe website has had some fixes to do with formatting and features, Updates to team lists and fixes for mobile browsing.If any issues do arise please contact me (Th13teen) on the forums.
In-game notificationsIn-game notifications have had an update which allows us to announce messages to all clients when required. This will be used for things such as playtest events or important announcements such as updates.
Linux binariesLinux binaries are in the works. Server binaries work fine but the client binaries currently have issues with VAC forcing the clients into insecure mode. We have sent an email to Valve requesting some help on the matter.
That about rounds up all we have to talk about, We're working on a lot more in the background but nothing we want to share (yet).

Well done with this important fix. I'm sure you're working hard to bring us TF2C back as soon as possible. Keep up the great job!

@Geno, the site was never actually completely down, you could still type in /forums in the url and get here.

yo, tf2 classic developer's, don't forget "TF2 arm's race 2" at the workshop guy's :), the voting has over and the winner's was at place, pls check out the gun race website or something :D

is this safe yet? i got some servers to show up using a helpful steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2CPlayas, but im asking if it's safe to play without getting hacked or anything.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(6682 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom