EA Exclusive Deal To Make Star Wars Games

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Nightshde, May 6, 2013.

1. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Well I felt a great disturbance in the Force so I decided to check the internet and this is what I discovered.

-Kotaku

2. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

3. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

Considering how long it has been since there was a honestly GOOD Star Wars game I do not think I will even notice the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

I feel as though EA is the Emperor and now the Darkside has won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 13thforsworn

13thforsworn Achievement Hunter

People have talked about the possibility of EA handing the Battlefront IP to DICE. I wouldn't necessarily be against that, I'm a big fan of DICE.

6. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

As long as they don't string out a crapload of $15 map packs that splinter the community, that'd be great.

7. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

Oh, if they get it I guarantee we will see exactly that.

8. 13thforsworn

13thforsworn Achievement Hunter

DLC unfortunately is now a common marketing ploy. :(

9. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I have no problem with DICE working on Battlefront as long as it is the Bad Company team working on it. I have to say I prefer the BC games over the regular BF games and really hope the next BF game after 4 will be another BC.

After EA destroyed Deadspace 3 and SimCity I've sworn off buying any EA games until they can prove to me they can make a good game again. So any game that has an EA label on the box I'm not touching no matter how cheap it is. So far I have been doing good buying indie games, privately published games or other competing publishers and I have actually found some pretty good/fun games.