I need interesting words.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iceh, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

Hey I have a fun hobby of writing, I do quite enjoy hearing and learning new words. Can people post odd not common words that can mean anything from arm to space dust. I would also like to inform those interested to put nasty words to please not to, I wish to learn some not regret some. Thanks for taking time to read this and I hope to learn some new words.

My example of a word is

Sagacious :
    Having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgment; shrewd

2. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Ostentatious: Characterized by vulgar or pretentious display.

Magnanimous: Very generous or forgiving, esp. toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

Those are really good o.o I am using the second one in the bio for the main character I have and as for the second I will keep in reserve.

4. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Despondent: In low spirits from loss of hope or courage. Also, crestfallen and downtrodden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Nonplussed: surprised/confused to the point of being unsure how to react

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Insanity

Insanity Moderator of ALL the things VF4 Supporter

Extemporaneous: spoken or done without preparation, often used for public speaking

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Cheese4Everyone

Cheese4Everyone Ambassador to our Sentient Dairy-Based Overlords

Mawkish: Sentimental in a feeble or sickly way.

Tractable: Easily controlled.

Deleterious: Harmful.

Penurious: Extremely poor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

some of my favorite
    Absquatulate - to leave in great haste
    Logolepsy - one who has an obsession with words :p lol, although I suppose this is more of a condition rather than a normal would to use in context of a sentence.
    Phenakism - the practice of being deceitful.
    Wroth - Full of Anger

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1