New - Tag system for posts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VintagePC, Mar 6, 2013.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Just thought I'd share this, the forum has a new system to let you tag posts!

If you _can't_ see the tags box when you create a new thread, let me know, it means I've borked the permissions somewhere. :)

Hopefully we'll get an awesome word cloud going here:
    http://www.vaultf4.com/tags/

2. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

And if you are a serious tagger or moderator who likes throwing tags on posts, you can signup for a free google adwords account to check out keyword ranks -> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CE4QFjAC&url=https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__c=1000000000&__u=1000000000&__o=kt&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS&ei=0LA3UZHbJsLZyQHI4oCABg&usg=AFQjCNEKLcWWI4HCyturRPFCFVIkRal9Eg&sig2=lhx2cZtLAZUVFkx5NpOqrw

You can get some basic ideas on CRC, search, demographics, and popularity. I don't use it too often anymore but starting off it can be useful to get an idea of proper keyword formatting as google also suggests keywords if you seem to be off.

a quick example I typed in 'skyrim weapon guide', I knew off the top of my head that would generate one of the highest search number but you can get an idea of other keyword/phrases that are related and what kind of search hits they tend to generate like 'skyrim weapon list' is also very high. It also breaks down other potential categories such as skyrim armors, skyrim swords, skyrim cheats that people maybe looking for as potential ideas to add into your article or future articles.

[​IMG]

3. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

About time.

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

*adds that as a tag to the thread*

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

I do not see the tags. #permissionsproblem (am I doing it right?)

6. lonesome killer

I created a thread and saw the tags box fine.

[​IMG]

7. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

#hashtags
    #abouttime
    #videogames
    #yolo
    #swag
    #forums
    #thread
    #rednames
    #gamers
    #omg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Carcajou

Carcajou Achievement Hunter

#penishshapedfood????

Sorry my brother inspired that one :p

9. VintagePC

#you'reholdingitwrong :p

10. areben

#iDontEven

11. lonesome killer

#ThatsSoGucci

12. VintagePC

you fools all know that # does nothing, it's all about what's put in the box when the OP is created, right? :p

13. lonesome killer

#doyouevenlift

14. areben

...thanks mr. obvious. #vintagepllllease

15. Carcajou

Carcajou Achievement Hunter

#oppsineverusehashtags....

16. lonesome killer

#thisthreadisnowthenewchatbox

17. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I need an adult! :eek:

18. areben

#needsanadult (annnd I'm done)

19. DeBo

DeBo Achievement Hunter Staff Member Member from long ago...

#banhammer

20. VintagePC

#thisthreadisoverandsoistherestoftheworld

• Funny Funny x 1