Overwatch, Blizzard's new FPS/MOBA game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by lonesome killer, Nov 7, 2014.

1. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Damn. This game looks amazing. Free beta sign ups which start in 2015 I think. 1st game in a while I've been genuinely excited about. What's even crazier is this game has remained a secret until Blizzcon, a rarity in the industry (or most industries).

Beta sign up: https://us.battle.net/account/management/settings/beta-opt-in.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Wow. When someone said "TF2 MOBA" I didn't know what to expect, but this looks like something I'd be genuinely interested in playing. It's not Starcraft, Warcraft, or Diablo, and it came from Blizzard. Looks like it's gonna be good.

3. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

As a not MOBA player, this looks fun. Also props to Blizz for making a trailer that actually includes gameplay and gives you a sense of what the game is like.

4. English

English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

Damn that does look nice.. Can't wait!

5. lonesome killer

1st off, you gotta play some League or Dota. They're really fun and free.
    2nd, what makes this game MOBA-like is the unique skills that each class gets using the Shift and E keys. And it's more objective based with Payload and Control Points maps. (That's what Blizz is actually calling them) It really is more FPS/TF2 like with a little MOBA thrown in.

6. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, this looks pretty damn good.

7. Hexalan

Hexalan Achievement Hunter

Yeah, when I saw the OP and started the video, TF2 DotAcloneMOBA was the first thing I thought.

The Indian stereotype amuses me.

8. Cheese4Everyone

Cheese4Everyone Ambassador to our Sentient Dairy-Based Overlords

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lonesome killer

Except that Overwatch is still new and therefore hasn't been ruined by hats yet. Maybe in 3 years it'll turn into Team Hatress 2. Until then I'm gonna enjoy it.

10. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

inb4 f2p at launch with tons of pay-to-win microtransactions (cough tribes cough)

11. English

English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

To be fair, other than the debacle of the Diablo 3 auction house, Blizzard has done well with not allowing micro-transactions to be pay-to-win

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lonesome killer

Yeah Blizzard is one of the few companies that actually care about gamers and not money. The others being Valve and rockstar