[SimCity 2013] Vault Region

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Nightshde, Feb 28, 2013.

1. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

Should we make a region right away, or wait until we have gotten a feel for the game? (personally I think having one right away would be funnier since our potentially shitty cities could all struggle together)

2. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

i dont care either way really. I will probably play a little on my own until everyone gets a chance to settle in

3. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

I am on North America West 1 server apparently :)

4. CorruptDictator

You can select your server from the launcher I think. Mine defaulted to a US East one (which makes sense since I am in the midwest).

5. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

Alright well I created a region because I didnt want to jump into sandbox and have cheats and all of that. Add me on your friends list netzilla and you should see the region :) Vaultinian I will invite as I see people add me. If you want to start your own region thats cool as well I will join in there as well.

6. CorruptDictator

Got to play for just over half an hour on lunch, made a private region just to get a feel for things. Liking what I see so far. I did add you to my friends list Net.

7. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator VF4-A (Admin) Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Installing and doing the updating thing now, can't wait to play in vaultinian.

8. CorruptDictator

Once you are not Net's friends list, he will have to manually invite you to the region. At least that is how I understand the system to work.

9. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

someone else go ahead and start a region, let me know what server you are on as well. I have a feeling the server I was on will not be very populated with people from here s I will go elsewhere :D

10. CorruptDictator

I hate the invite system, i wish you could make a private region with a password and allow for people to search for regions by name.

11. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator VF4-A (Admin) Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I made one called vaultistan, on the east coast 2 server I believe

12. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

i claimed my land I think and will be on a bit later tog et started :D

13. CorruptDictator

I was building... then i lost connection to the crap ass servers, prolly lost most of what I did.

14. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

Same with me let's hope the game wouldn't let you keep plating because I had like 4 hours of progress

15. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

oh how i wish i could join you guys in playing :( but i still cant find a good site to buy it from that wont cost me 120 dollars :/

also sad moment that origin itself wont let me buy it until its the 8th -.- and even then the cheapest one is 110 :(

16. CorruptDictator

Being an international gamer does seem to suck tig.

I think my city went to hell last night. I had really good controlled growth, no major issues other than some minor crime and was focusing on expanding my education system. I needed to save money for a high school so I decided to afk for less than 10 minutes while tax money piled up. Came back to some sort of insane unexpected population boom and suddenly I was short on power and sewage disposal. Power was easy to solve, but I dropped 3 additional sewage plants (previously my entire town was fine with one) and they are all still overloaded and I cannot afford the treatment plant.

17. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

it does indeed :/ had i known about this sooner that so many here would buy it id have brought it when i could at 40 bucks instead of 110 :/ i hope gmg puts it up again as id love to pay us price for it instead of double >.>

18. Nightshde

Well we can always open a temp city to take all the sewage away from all the cities until we get more people playing.

Also I think we need to use TS or mumble to communicate because the in-game chat seems to lag a lot and doesn't notify you of new msgs.

19. CorruptDictator

I am going to put an hour into trying to salvage my city, going to drop the density on several major roads and hope for the best.

20. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

I went through and upgraded most of my roads...it was madness traffic jams in the downtown area. Now they are all major with street car and still get bottled up. I will probably start a new city eventually if not to many other people come in and play its getting to a weird point where lots of abandoning because nowhere to ship products, and bottlenecks that tie up cops, ambulances, and firetrucks.