• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban appeal Dr. Bawzjawzia PHD

Was enjoying a nice game of tf2 classic on a vault f4 server, when I then decided to say something in a funny voice to an admin, to which I got gagged and muted for 360 minutes ("inappropriate speech", all I said was something in a goofy southern accent about are you a furry or a groomer or a furry groomer.) I then changed my name to groomershavenohumor, (a play on the joke), and I was then hit with a permanent ban. Be cool if I could be unbanned, because that's my main account, and I had no warning to indicate I'd be permabanned. Essentially, was banned because an admin got salty with me. Not one message in chat to signify last straw, or that I had did anything beyond upsetting an admin.

My steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/IIIVIIXIII/

Please link your steam account to the forums to confirm ownership of said account, as outlined in the sticky thread helpfully titled 'READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING'

Fixed
In-Game name: Dr. Bawzjawzia PHD (changed to groomershavenohumor and then got banned)
Time of Ban: ~11:00 PM
Date of Ban: 08/20/23
Steam ID: IIIVIIXIII | 32: STEAM_0:1:107338021
Reason for Ban: Got gagged for joke, changed name to something in reference of joke, got perma'd with no warning. At the same time, someone who used a literal slur received less punishment.
Additional Comments: Will view all admins as dictators from now on and never joke at them. Please unban perma is long time for having merely joked at an admin.

Based on my findings, I can see you got a temporary (5h) mute for being disrespectful towards one of our staff by "proclaiming [they] were a groomer/nazi", and when punished, you decided to double down by continuing your antics via other means (name changing).

This netted you a 1 day full ban, which seems in line with our policies.

What resulted in both of your accounts being permanently banned (and what you conveniently left out of your appeal) was your decision to evade the ban with an alternate account, and our policies are abundantly clear on this.

got perma'd with no warning
Tell me then.... what is a short-term gag/mute, if not a warning that you're breaking a rule?

Server Rule 6 said:
Any form of evasion from an admin action will result in a ban from our servers. The length of the ban will depend on the severity of the evasion. This includes the use of alternate accounts to evade punishments. Evasion bans are NOT eligible for appeal and must be served in full, regardless of whether the original ban was justified. You are expected to be mature and file an appeal if you disagree with staff actions; doing otherwise will probably hinder your chances of a successful appeal.

Ergo, your ban will not be overturned at this time.

At the same time, someone who used a literal slur received less punishment.
I don't deal with what-about-isms in ban appeals, but I'm guessing they didn't attempt to evade their punishment, or they would also likely have been banned permanently.

Based on my findings, I can see you got a temporary (5h) mute for being disrespectful towards one of our staff by "proclaiming [they] were a groomer/nazi", and when punished, you decided to double down by continuing your antics via other means (name changing).

This netted you a 1 day full ban, which seems in line with our policies.

What resulted in both of your accounts being permanently banned (and what you conveniently left out of your appeal) was your decision to evade the ban with an alternate account, and our policies are abundantly clear on this.

Tell me then.... what is a short-term gag/mute, if not a warning that you're breaking a rule?

Ergo, your ban will not be overturned at this time.

I don't deal with what-about-isms in ban appeals, but I'm guessing they didn't attempt to evade their punishment, or they would also likely have been banned permanently.
I didn't call them a nazi, and I switched accounts because I assumed I got permabanned for some stupid reason. Regardless, making an alternate steam account is easy, so ill just keep "ban evading" then lol. Sorry your admins are on estrogen and get emotional.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(10082 Online 828 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom