• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Hello!

I was just auto-banned from one of the official NA servers a few minutes ago. It says I was banned by Admin - CONSOLE, so I'm guessing this was a bot or something? In any case, I was banned for a suspected aimbot, and I do not use aimbots.

Any idea what may have caused this false flag? I was playing Demoman at the time and spamming the Mine Layer down hallways. The only thing I can think of that may have appeared suspicious to an automated system is that my mouse has a turbo button. I was holding that down to rapidly click for me. I'd like to know what caused this so that I can avoid further false flags in the future, and/or that the issue can be brought to light for the admins.

Thanks in advance!

PlayerSweet Prince
Steam IDSTEAM_0:1:16647545
Steam3 ID[U:1:33295091]
Steam Community76561197993560819
Invoked on04-28-23 18:20
BanlengthPermanent
Expires onNot applicable.
Reason[Little Anti-Cheat 1.7.4] Aimbot Detected
Banned by AdminCONSOLE
Banned fromVaultF4 - Official [NA] Standard 2
Total BansNo previous bans
Blocked (0)never

Hi there!

Your appeal has been received - I'll get back to you shortly.

I checked our logs and it looks like you were flagged for auto-shoot. I'll confer with our anti-cheat developer to get more details, but given the FP is plausible and because the update just dropped I'll lift your ban pending the investigation.

For now it will remain on your record in SourceBans, but If it is a false positive I will remove it completely.

Thank you!

For future reference, is it okay for me to use the Turbo button on my mouse? It clicks M1 quickly for me so that I don't have to do so manually. I mainly use this for firing sticky bombs/mines. I double checked the server rules, and they say that "automation programs" are not allowed... I'm guessing the default behavior which came with my mouse should be okay, but I want to know y'all's stance on that. I'll stop using that button if needed!

Now that I know the anti-cheat flagged me for auto-shoot, it sounds like I was holding down my Turbo button while playing Demo and, when I moused my cursor over enemy players, the rapid M1 inputs resembled auto-shoot behavior in the anti-cheat's eyes.

Unfortunately if you keep using it and it is the cause, most likely it'll keep tripping the detection - and my perspective it is sort of an automation that gives an unfair advantage because it functions exactly the same as a "real" cheat auto-shoot by removing response time as a skill factor.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(9021 Online 621 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom