• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: menel
Time of Ban: 12:56 (according to SB)
Date of Ban: 06-06-23
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143209175
Reason for Ban: Racism/hate speech
Additional Comments:

First of all, I'm unable to link my steam account because "it's already associated with another account", which is weird because I have not created an account here before or at least don't recall creating one.

I remember typing something in the lines of "I have 1488 things to do during the pride month" in the text chat and that's the only thing I remember that may have broken the rules. Obviously, that was supposed to be a gag without much context behind it. Therefore, I don't think a permanent ban is fair in such a case.

EDIT: The "1488" was supposed to be a NUMBER of things I was about to do, not the ideological actions. Looking at this now it's obvious why I got banned for saying that, it got interpreted in a rather disturbing way. That was NOT supposed to be a threat of any kind. Still, the use of this number is rather immature, even in desired context. Since I'm not a native English speaker (don't take it as an excuse, I just want to explain something), I tend to forget about how certain things may be interpreted. In Polish that number would solely mean the amount of things, not what these things would be.

Last edited:
If there is a forum account associated with your steam account you should be able to use the 'sign in through steam' button to sign in to it and confirm your identity. Unfortunately there's no easy way for me to locate the account since the Steam ID is not a searchable field on users. Give it a try, hopefully that works out for you.

If there is a forum account associated with your steam account you should be able to use the 'sign in through steam' button to sign in to it and confirm your identity. Unfortunately there's no easy way for me to locate the account since the Steam ID is not a searchable field on users. Give it a try, hopefully that works out for you.
Here I am. I have made this account over 7 years ago, no wonder I did not remember creating it. I did play TF2 Classic shortly after release, so that may explain it.

I hereby confirm that I am the creator of this thread.

Thanks, your appeal has been received and we'll get back to you in a few days with the decision.

Thanks for your patience.

As noted in our server rules we have a zero tolerance policy for Nazi related themes/symbols.

I spoke to our ACM and we both find it hard to believe that this was "just a number" you happened to pick. This is backed up by your own admission that you thought it would be "funny". Nobody generically says "I have a lot of things to do" with the expectation it's funny, so clearly there is significance to the choice of phrasing, and I think it entirely plausible you knew *exactly* what you were writing.

Ergo, the original ban will remain in effect for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your patience.

As noted in our server rules we have a zero tolerance policy for Nazi related themes/symbols.

I spoke to our ACM and we both find it hard to believe that this was "just a number" you happened to pick. This is backed up by your own admission that you thought it would be "funny". Nobody generically says "I have a lot of things to do" with the expectation it's funny, so clearly there is significance to the choice of phrasing, and I think it entirely plausible you knew *exactly* what you were writing.

Ergo, the original ban will remain in effect for the foreseeable future.
Well, that wasn't supposed to be funny in the first place, it was more of a random sh**post/spam on the chat. Yes, the number was not random, the gag was supposed to "connect" two completely opposite ideologies/beliefs, not to encourage violence or anything like that. The epicenter of the pun was to solely connect, without pretty much any depth behind it. Could you please at least change it to a temporary ban, even for a month or two? Since it was my first offense idk if a permanent ban is absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
If you'll take note of our server rules, specifically rule 3, you'll notice this sentence:

Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.

Care to explain why referencing the 14 words and heil hitler in the same sentence as pride month was an ok thing to say?

If you'll take note of our server rules, specifically rule 3, you'll notice this sentence:

Care to explain why referencing the 14 words and heil hitler in the same sentence as pride month was an ok thing to say?
It was not ok to say in the first place, therefore I have to admit that I made a mistake. Like I said, it was a meaningless random thought I had and foolishly decided to write it on the chat. Realistically speaking, it was not directed at anybody as an offense and probably no one really took it seriously either.

At least let me learn not to just throw stuff like this on the chat and change the permanent ban to something temporary, even in months if you'll find it sufficient.

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(9910 Online 818 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom