Board Game Night

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Statboy, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Came across this website, it allows for board games to be played either online or by e-mail (even has support for Linux). Kinda makes me want to have a board game night, something like Axis and Allies or Risk, it's got a ton of board games on it.
    http://www.vassalengine.org/

2. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin VF4-S (Server Operator) Minecraft Operator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I haven't seen Vassal in a long time, but last I checked it was a huge pain to configure... I can look into it more if we get some interest.

3. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Staff Member

Love me some Risk! Bring it on!

4. Hexalan

Hexalan Achievement Hunter

Lava, are you the kind of person to sit in Australia doing nothing the whole game, or are you the kind of person to reinforce random territories at the beginning of the game, holding nothing but denying everyone else continents?

5. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Staff Member

Depends on the company...When I play games with my brother, I have to sit and hoard Australia. If I'm playing with my friends, I get fiesty :p

6. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

I've always camped South America, easy hold and you can put a foot into two other continents to stop people from owning.

7. Hexalan

Hexalan Achievement Hunter

Stat, are you the South America and Africa guy?

8. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Maybe :shifty, it can be easier to push North America depending on who's there

9. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

i do also own some extra copies of tabletop simulator I would give if we had some people who would reliably show up.

10. Cheese4Everyone

Cheese4Everyone Ambassador to our Sentient Dairy-Based Overlords

The thing that always gets me about risk is that at least 1 player, maybe 2, are just fucked from the outset. Stuck in Asia or Europe? Lol prepare to have a bad game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

That's the problem in a nutshell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice