[Custom Maps, General Server Info] New Maps, New Admins, NEW NEW NEW!

litrllyemma

Community Outreach
Well, another month another update. This one's kinda big as a lot has happened since the last update.

First off, we've now added 32 maps to the custom maps server. (38 counting returning maps!) We've done a lot of playtesting and hope these are as enjoyed by the public as they were by testers, and have heard your feedback about less non-artpassed maps. Here's a quick update showcase image before the full changelog!.. Once again, with help from my good friend Sniffy :)

bigupdate.png

You might have noticed the headline was out with the old in with the new.. I originally planed for this update to be a huge revision to the maplist. And while it is in terms of new stuff, I couldn't really think of that many bad maps to remove, and decided it'd just be nice to have a lot more variety. As for the full changelog, here it is in all it's SUPER BIG glory.

Full Map Update 5/16/21

Retired Maps
vipr_downfall
plr_fishladder3
koth_slaughter_b2a_em
vip_hunted
cp_floof_mc12_a1
koth_canada_rc1
koth_waste
dm_vikings_final_zox

Returning Maps
ctf_classic_2fort
pl_beerbowl_b6c
plr_clandestine
ctf_nuclide_rc4_em

Weekend Maps (More on this in a second)
cp_toy_fort_v2
pl_minepit_em_v2

NEW Maps
3koth_mot_a12
arena_bobcat_b1_em
arena_discovery_rc2_em
arena_staple_rc1
arena_undergrowth_b3a
arena_yanqing_b3a
cp_altitude_a4
cp_conifer_rc2
cp_hadal_b13a
cp_mache_a14
cp_scourge_b5
cp_snowbase_b10b
cp_upland_rc4
ctf_4tokyo_r02
ctf_wildfire_rc
koth_bagel_rc4a
koth_clearcut_b15d
koth_former_cornfield_b1
koth_namicott_rc4
koth_quarry_rc5
koth_stallone_b2
pl_effigy_rc2
pl_haywire_rc5
pl_highwood_b19
pl_ibex2021_a3
pl_rainbowride_b7e (weekends)
pl_tzatziki_a7
plr_guavagulf_a7b
plr_snowthistle_b4b_em
sd_propulsion_b1
tc_national_a4
tdm_vikings_final

You ALSO may have noticed a few maps missing from the nominations cycle as of recent, and that's because we decided to test out a little change that has been going well so far.

Maps that are either a bit overplayed, or too wacky for normal conventional gameplay will now only be added as "Weekend Maps". These will only be able to be nominated on Saturday and Sunday (Servertime), and those maps can be found below.

balloon_race_v3_t17
cp_toy_fort_v2
ctf_4fort_artpass
cyberpunk_em_v3
pl_minepit_em_v2
pl_rainbowride_b7e
wacky_races_v2

I know some may be upset about this, but I promise this is with the servers best interest in mind, and more maps will be added to the weekend section as updates come.

And one final note, you may have noticed dm_vikings_final got retired and a tdm_vikings_final got put in it's place. I did a hammer recompile of the map to remove HDR, but a friend (Sniffy, again with the good ideas), suggested I should add tdm logic to the map. So now.. this is our very first DM map with an actual objective on our servers. If players like it, i'll add more TDM maps, perhaps making cyberpunk a TDM map aswell. If players DONT like it.. well then i'll revert the change and we won't try this again.

"ENOUGH WITH THE CUSTOM MAPS!" You might say. "WHERES THE OTHER INFO!"

Well let's move on.

We've recently added a spray tracking plugin to the servers, which allows us to block sprays individually per file. Hopefully with this, you'll see a lot less weird stuff and a lot less bans for sprays due to players having to change sprays over and over if they REALLY want to be banned.

We've also welcomed a few admins, that being Eris, Red Scientist, and Blasterko. If any of you see this post, feel free to say hi! I'm sure players reading this have already become acquainted with the new admins, and I hope this makes you feel a lot more at ease with concerns about moderation.

Also, you may have noticed some people have been being kicked for using a VPN. If you ever get disconnected for saying you are doing so, and are not using a VPN, or would just like to be allowed to use one on our servers, please contact us via the forums, or DM me at emma#6008, or just post about it in the TF2C #servers channel and we'll be ready to help.

Hm.. Yeah, I think that about wraps it up. At the time of writing this, the maps haven't gone live yet, but expect them to be in by the end of today. Hope this update serves you well and you all have a great day! :D

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(7986 Online 461 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom