Half-life games all unplayable

Discussion in 'Tech Chat' started by Ephex, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Ephex

Ephex Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this happened, but I opened up Half-Life a little while ago, and found my screen to be about this resolution (It may be hard to tell but thats all I see in a 1920x1080 res), and even the cursor wont cover the entire resolution. I can click the options tab, but after that the only things my cursor can touch are spray settings, and I can click quit. Anyone know how to fix?

[​IMG]

2. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin VF4-S (Server Operator) Minecraft Operator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

In steam: Right-click game, go to launch options, add the following:

-windowed -noborder -h 1080 -w 1920

Adjust the numbers for h/w to your monitor resolution. This not only sets the resolution, it stops the awful alt-tab crashing for most source-engine games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Another option is to try -autoconfig, it's touted as a fix in a lot of forums too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice