Help Identifying a Cable

Discussion in 'Tech Chat' started by Statboy, Sep 25, 2016.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    I'm organizing my massive drawer of cables and cords, because you can't throw that shit out, never know when you'll need a UHF/VHF to Coax adapter or something like that. I have a cable that I have no effing clue what it is, or what it could possible go to anybody that knows what it is please holla. Here's a picture of it, one end is both male and female red and white TV component, the end is some generic female end, I have no clue.

  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Looks like a headphone tap for line-level audio, i.e you stick this in between something that makes audio and whatever it's connected to so you can have a headphone line. Maybe it's meant for headphone listening on a TV peripheral or somesuch
  3. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    I have this. Came with a gaming headset for me. It was wireless off of a dongle, but could only do microphone or sound over the USB, so you put you this in the audio line to get the sound. Generic headset advertised as compatible with everything.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Razer

    Razer Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Its called a monitor tap, and you basically described it exactly. Primary use is to be able to listen to a signal BEFORE it hits a particular piece of equipment, for comparison or diagnostics.
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    A headphone fit in the female end perfectly, files away with audio cables, thanks guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice