I have a laptop with a broken screen set up as a server- what should I do with it?

MAR1

Title is pretty much what it is. it's set up on the network so that i can remote into it and control it from another device

probably also not a bad idea for a headless machine

I just used it to help host downloads for the new tf2c update. can you still run webservers on truenas or no?
edit, just actually looked at it and it seems like that wouldnt be an option? given that its just used for storage and im already using samba on it, which, though probably much worse, already does a similar job. hmmm...

distcc sounds like a cool idea for it potentially, since i can run that along with what im already doing on it anyways. It wouldn't really advantage me personally in any way but at least the computational power would be getting put to use

Last edited:
I just used it to help host downloads for the new tf2c update. can you still run webservers on truenas or no?
edit, just actually looked at it and it seems like that wouldnt be an option? given that its just used for storage and im already using samba on it, which, though probably much worse, already does a similar job. hmmm...
I think that you can use TrueNAS to host webservers, but it is not necessarily the right tool for the job (especially if you are running TrueNAS core on it), as, like you mentioned, it is ZFS/storage first.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(6711 Online 409 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom