Request to make Asia servers for TF2C

wuiriam

Not a Noob
Hello, my name is William and i live in Indonesia.

I've been playing TF2 for almost 2 years now, and when i heard TF2 Classic is released by community. God, i love this game, the animation, the guns, everything is really nice compared to TF2 original itself. ( and yes, no bots in TF2C which i found really interesting )

The one and only bad thing is unfortunately there is no servers avalaible for Asia unlike in TF2 Original that had Asia Server ( such as Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, etc ). I've seen that many players are struggle with 100+ / 200+ ping too and that players are often came from Asia ( such as Phillipines, Singapore, etc ). And that cause uncomfortable experiences when playing TF2C.

I love the guns, the maps, the community, and the gameplay in TF2C. But it would be very nice if there is an Asia Server on TF2C to make gameplay experiences more fun and wholesome.

That's my suggestion, thank you for having time to reading this post.

Big Cheers,

William

Thanks for the feedback. Our hosting provider does have a data center in Singapore and this is a region that's expressed interest before. However, actually putting up the server is the fastest part - there's a lot of legwork beforehand to make sure we aren't doing anything that could cause problems for the community, as something that's not a problem in one country may not be allowed somewhere else. This is especially important since several aspects of the game (sprays, chat, etc) is user-generated content.

So... I can't promise when, but we know it's an under-served area that could benefit from expansion.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the latency to our AU server? it's certainly a lot closer than EU or NA (but I realize it might still be on the too-high side). Just spit-balling here but an additional AU instance or two might be more viable in the short term than a completely new location.

Vouching for Asia servers as well, see lots of Asia players having to play on the AUS server with +150 ping and it's not fun for either side, they deserve servers as much as we do.

Thanks for the feedback. Our hosting provider does have a data center in Singapore and this is a region that's expressed interest before. However, actually putting up the server is the fastest part - there's a lot of legwork beforehand to make sure we aren't doing anything that could cause problems for the community, as something that's not a problem in one country may not be allowed somewhere else. This is especially important since several aspects of the game (sprays, chat, etc) is user-generated content.

So... I can't promise when, but we know it's an under-served area that could benefit from expansion.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the latency to our AU server? it's certainly a lot closer than EU or NA (but I realize it might still be on the too-high side). Just spit-balling here but an additional AU instance or two might be more viable in the short term than a completely new location.

Thanks for the information! Can't wait to see SG servers are included in TF2C!

About the ping, it is approx 150+ ping. But besides that, it's quite strange that no one plays on AU server. Players most likely played in EU / USA servers which most likely to have more ping than AU servers. But maybe, they just want to go there since on EU / USA servers have already many players ;v

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(8418 Online 584 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom