VaultF4 finance situation and ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LavaRed, Aug 1, 2013.

1. RD1981

RD1981 Well-Known Member

If you have a surplus in donations put it towards your next months server bill donating is a good thing but isnt always feasible.

2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

We have a stash of games from the sale we can raffle away, I bought at least $30-40 of stuff for that exact purpose.

Those plugins... I have mixed feelings about them... and I remember that valve wasn't too happy with them a while back. First they politely asked people to stop then they disabled some of the functionality necessary to use them and people had to find workarounds.

Also don't forget FFN used to have custom trails and glows etc as donor perks until the plugin broke... and people didn't want those back when I asked about it.

We already do... but there's just no easy way to show rollover on the progress bar.

3. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

How would people feel about donator slots on our servers as a supporter perk? Note that it wouldn't kick anyone for a donator, rather the server would have hidden slots above 24. If a supporter joins a full server, no new players will be able to join again until the playercount goes below the number of non-hidden spots.

4. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

Always wondered why we DIDN'T do that. As long as it doesn't kick people, it's completely fine in my book.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. VintagePC

Says the guy that got free perks for a month :p (I kid... I kid)

6. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Donator slots are awesome! That's sounds great that you won't kick anyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice