• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: Q*Bert (1999)
Time of Ban:
Date of Ban: 03-12-24 02:44
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:173813828
Reason for Ban: Slurs
Additional Comments: I got banned for saying "retard" even though I have ASD & ADHD, it's literally my word to reclaim. Also, I'm gonna give it my three bucks and say that it shouldn't even be considered a slur in the same way "idiot" "imbecile" and "moron", words all originating as medical terms used to describe the mentally impaired like "retard", aren't considered slurs. And, in fact, are even used in TF2 voice lines: "I don't usually kill morons this fast." | "Idiot! Come stand on the point." | "Come stand on the point, you imbecile!". Kinda hypocritical to tell a disabled person they can't say medical terms for the disabled in a video game that uses medical terms for the disabled, don't you think?

We are abundantly clear on the use of slurs in our Server Rules, specifically section 3:

No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.

Just because a term may not be offensive to you does not mean it isn't offensive to others. There's a remote plausibility to your arguments if you were using it to describe only yourself, but in context it was purely to insult/demean other players and that is where we draw a line.

1710281753723.png

Furthermore, this isn't the first time I've heard 'I am "A", therefore I can say "B"' in a ban appeal. Obviously we have no way of verifying any such claim and it's disingenuous to any other "A" that does find the term demeaning or offensive, so in our server nobody gets to say it until it's considered socially acceptable in the common vernacular.

Given the above, and that your 3-day communications ban is in line with our guidelines for first-offenses, we will be denying your ban appeal at this time.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(6711 Online 409 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom