• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban appeal(ungag)

Foxalicious

In game name: Foxalicious
Time:10:21
Date: 9/4/21
Reason for ban: I heavily despise pyro, that why's everytime i get killed by one i say nice skill pyro. Well I raged enough to the point where I said pyro are for fags, I said it a couple times before I got gagged from text chat and mic chat. I thought it was going to be for like 2 or 3 days, but if i remebered correctly, it was for 20000 minutes or something, aka at least 2 weeks. Is there something you can do?

Hi there,

Just letting you know your appeal has been received and I will review it and get back to you - typically within 24-48h.

~VintagePC

Hi there,

I've reviewed the situation and it would appear this is not the first infraction where our staff has had to warn you; there have been some logged incidents for in-game language dating back to earlier this year:

https://www.vaultf4.com/pages/admin-check/?query=U:1:868458532

and corresponding temporary mutes/gags:

https://www.vaultf4.com/sb/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:434229266&Submit

From what I can see the current ban is consistent with our policies - you have received warnings from staff members that your behaviour was unacceptable and continued to violate our rules against derogatory terms. The length of any enforcement is determined by the severity of the infraction together with the number (and age) of any prior infractions on record.

Considering the above and after gathering some specifics about the incident from involved staff I am not seeing a compelling reason to overturn the ban.

I'm sorry if this is not what you were hoping for but we are in a bit of a unique position because we are the official server provider for TF2C. As such, many players' first experiences with the game are highly likely to be in one of our servers. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that is welcoming and friendly to all players, which means it is necessary to set a higher bar for acceptable behaviour than you might see in other community servers.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9404 Online 696 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom