• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Invalid] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: jh2005
Time of Ban: 19 23
Date of Ban: 07 01 23
Steam ID:
Reason for Ban:

Previously banned, Ban Evasion
Additional Comments:

why have I been banned, This was the second time I was playing teamfortres 2 classic with some friends and then I was just banned randomly. It might be because I hade a vpn active but that's my best guess. Can I have a better explanation I'm not mad I'm just curious as to what has happened.

Last edited:
Please link your steam account to the forums so we can confirm you are the owner of the account in question.

Also, this post was not in the right location, I've moved it.

also its in the wrong spot because I couldn't be bothered to figure this wacky website out and just decided to send the request somewhere. sorry.

Last edited:
I think my steam friends list is at capacity right now but if you drop a comment on my steam profile with a link to this thread I'll accept that as proof-of-ownership too.

I can understand your concerns though - FWIW "linking" accounts takes you to steam's official login pages which you can confirm by looking at the URL to which you are taken. All the information we get out of it is just a confirmation you do indeed control the account in question. We never see or handle your username/password - the only thing we get back is Steam's OAuth token for you at the end of the process.

Unfortunately we have had to take measures to confirm ownership on ban appeals due to issues with people attempting to contest bans which are not theirs.

As for "no reason", the most likely explanation is indeed use of a VPN that was shared by someone else that was banned. We do try to use some "common sense" reasoning when reviewing these but false positives do occasionally happen.

If you get banned, and say, come back on an alternate account but on the exact same IP address, we can see that. ;)

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(6758 Online 379 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom