• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban appeal

Orehalы

Noob
In-Game name: Orehalы
Time of Ban: 8:24
Date of Ban: 09-26-23
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:530633646 [U:1:1061267293]
Reason for Ban: Racism/hate speech
Additional Comments: I wanted to play TF2 Classic today and it turns out that I was banned and saw the reason (Racism/hate speech) I started thinking like why? And I remembered that I have a spray SS. Firstly, I didn't know that there were bans here, secondly, it was a joke and I didn't think that someone would take it seriously, and thirdly, I'm not a racist, I didn't want to offend anyone.

If I get unbanned, I will definitely change the spray

As you have already surmised, you were banned for your SS spray. We are abundantly clear on our zero-tolerance policy on Nazi imagery in our server rules:

Server Rule #3 said:
No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.

Firstly, I didn't know that there were bans here
That's unfortunate, but we don't consider ignorance of the rules an excuse, just as ignorance of the law is not either. Unfortunately for you, the latter is particularly salient here given that:
  1. Our EU servers are located in Germany, and
  2. use of Nazi insignias and imagery is prohibited by German law,
This is also explicitly stated in our rules:

Major infractions include the following:
  • Anything violating rule 1 (cheating, use of exploits, or interfering with operation of the server)
  • Extreme violations of rule 3 (Direct harassment of another person on basis of identity, extreme use of hate speech, or glorification of nazis)
  • Use of sprays that may contain illegal content, or content otherwise illegal in the region(s) our servers are located.
Major infractions will be met with a permanent ban, which can not be appealed unless they were issued in error.

secondly, it was a joke and I didn't think that someone would take it seriously, I'm not a racist, I didn't want to offend anyone.
... Have you been living under a rock since the middle of last century? What did you _think_ was going to happen if you use a symbol signifying oppression and genocide in a public place?

Your ban is in accordance with our policies and will not be overturned at this time.

Our bans only pertain to our servers, so you can certainly continue playing TF2C on any of the other non-official servers hosted by third parties.

Making a new account would be a further violation of our community rules (see below), and continuing to use our game-servers even after you have been denied access is also a violation of international laws on unauthorized digital access.

Server Rule 6 said:
Any form of evasion from an admin action will result in a ban from our servers. The length of the ban will depend on the severity of the evasion. This includes the use of alternate accounts to evade punishments. Evasion bans are NOT eligible for appeal and must be served in full, regardless of whether the original ban was justified.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48176 Members
(8989 Online 701 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom