• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Steam Display Name (Currently): Violet Hunii
Steam Username: removed for personal reasons
Steam ID: 76561198207752648
Date and Time of Ban: (TF2 Classic): 12/18/2023 00:53 AM GMT +02:00
Ban Reason: Being a spectator

Strangely enough, I re-read the server rules today after the ban (the length of my ban is 4 hours), is being a spectator against the rules? Because, I never seen anything related to spectators in the Vault F4 server rules.

Right before the ban, I was AFK for around 2-3 minutes (and still no rule related to being AFK, and do server administrators have the right to ban anyone from their servers for an action that isn't listed in the server rules? If not, then my ban was likely an admin abuse.

Hi there,

While we don't have an explicitly written rule against it, taking up a spectator slot while the server is full falls under our "brown hat" rule as something that's just not very nice to do - the digital equivalent of putting your backpack on a second seat when the bus or train is full to the point of people having to stand.

As for your ban specifically, I can tell that you were kicked (with a message telling you why), and also received a warning before your ban. Additionally, your chat logs suggest you fully understood why you were kicked, but then it looks like you proceeded to go sit in spectate again ~10 minutes later, at which point the temporary ban was issued. A brief ban for a repeat infraction like this is within our policies, and (given the short time since your warning) could have also been perceived as ignoring or disrespecting a staff request, which is explicitly called out in our server rules.

Hope that helps clarify,

~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(9021 Online 621 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom