• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Shrude

Banhammered
In-Game name: Shrude
Time of Ban: Approximately 03:00 (CST)
Date of Ban: December 27th, 2023
Steam ID: [REDACTED]
Reason for Ban: "nazi" (is all that the explanation says)
Additional Comments: Greetings, Whilst playing on the main Vault official server for TF2 classic, I was banned with no explanation or discernible reason.

As we all know, the population of TF2 Classic is extremely small, and dwindling increasingly so, unfortunately, thus it makes me incredibly disheartened to see I'm no longer able to participate in keeping, what I consider, to be the best variant of TF2 available to date.

This is quite sad, considering after my last timeout, I'm just strictly trying to play the game and very minimally banter - I did not say or do anything crazy out of line as far as I know.
I do thoroughly and sincerely apologize if I have done so.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best regards, and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Additionally, I know it will be mentioned:
My comment in chat: "Racism is based."
Was a joke, responding to the banter in voice chat, I understand it's not something I should have said now, in hindsight.

As the chat logs will reflect, the server was just having some fun and being cheeky, like for example the posting about "Xi Jinping thought" and such.
By no means was I, what I perceive to be, anyone else was saying anything with mal-intent.

You had an iron cross in your name at the time of your ban, your steam profile has 1488 in it and antisemitic shit in it. Nice try.

Our European servers are hosted in Germany where that shit is illegal, and regardless we don't welcome nazis on our servers.

It's a maltese cross, not an iron cross.

I don't see how the comment about European servers is relevant, considering I didn't nor have I ever played on said European servers.

Additionally I don't classify myself as a "nazi" as is implied.
I'm an edgelord, nonethless - the point being is said enforcement seems selective, considering if one were spouting edgy things in regards to 'Black Supremacy', as I have see a few doing in-game in the servers, they were never banned.
Will these players ever be banned under the same stated premise then?

I'm doubtful, thus there's a very clear double standard, interesting.

Regardless, my original point about the TF2 classic community stands - I'm being banned for no real discernible reason regarding in-game conduct, basically only banned based on baseless perception(s).

RIP TF2 Classic community.
It was great whilst it lasted before tyrants have choked the last remaining players.
Since as we all know, TF2 Classic is not growing, unfortunately.

Best of luck to you, cheers.
Merry Christmas.

As a final comment, and not that I intend to do-so, however the reality is; to ban over such trivial matters and what is effectively no reason, one could easily just make a new steam account, use a VPN, and change one's MAC address, and circumvent the whole process with no method of determining whom is circumventing a ban.

Thus this type of moderation only incites bad actors to escalate to negative actions if they're so intent on doing-so, like DDOS'ing the servers, or as aforementioned, circumventing the whole punishment system via those easily executed steps.

Ultimately if this is how moderation on the servers is conducted, I'm not interested in even performing said steps to circumvent said ban, since I feel if one conducts their servers this way, a deserved death of said servers is inevitable.

I'm merely stating objective facts, which should be easy to deduce, and implore staff here to consider more carefully what they're going to permanently ban over, lest the community dies as a whole unfortunately and just moves on to other activities; or at the least, invite bad actors that will pull out all the metaphorical stops, to impede the server's status or otherwise relentlessly troll in the servers.
Thus demanding more and more staff time and energy to deal with, as I'm sure y'all have experienced before in prior situations - I'd be shocked if it hasn't happened before considering it's relatively common on a lot of games where said moderation style is being practiced.

Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk.
It was nice playing TF2 Classic whilst I could, alas the game is on it's death-bed anyway.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(6154 Online 352 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom