• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: Takis Nigga
Time of Ban: 05:12
Date of Ban: 01-15-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:158133299
Reason for ban: Racism / Hate Speech

Additional Comments:
Apparently the reason was "Racism/hate speech". Where is the racism exactly? Please check the chat logs because I haven't said a single insult involving race. Was it because of my name? I was literally called "Takis Nigga" Where is the racism in that exactly? The moderator in question (Who was Juno) didn't even bother to tell me to change my name he just straight up banned me for 3 days, which seems like a very drastic decision to take in the moment, I could understand the ban if I refused to change my name but the mod didn't even bother to ask me, or could've at least kicked me from the server with the caption "Change your name".

The only thing that seems reasonable to me is the fact that I used the F slur, but I am bisexual, I can say that word. Either way, if you don't like that, the mod could've simply gagged me instead, it's not worth a 3 day ban, at the very least make it 1 hour. It's another one of my issues with the ban, the length is very exaggerated, specially for someone who started to play in these servers not so long ago.

With all respect, the decision Juno took was pretty drastic, I don't think this is how you moderate a server.

Sounds like you didn't bother to read our Server Rules.

No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.
And here's your chat log:
1705334649381.png

A staff member may warn you directly to stop what you are doing, depending on the infraction. This may be done directly in chat, through admin tools such as psay, with a warning/timeout, or through a kick. Warnings are a courtesy and may be waived in more severe cases.
If you come into our servers with a username like that and start slinging slurs like there's no tomorrow, calling people faggots and retards, we consider that a "severe case". We expect a modicum of common sense from our players, it's not the job of our staff to hand-hold you through our more obvious server rules when they're presented in abridged form in our MOTD and clearly published on our forums, with additional reminders of their presence throughout the game via automated messages and the /rules command.

I am bisexual, I can say that word
Not in our servers, you can't, and I bet if you go say it to random people on the street it won't be tolerated either.

Either way, if you don't like that, the mod could've simply gagged me instead, it's not worth a 3 day ban, at the very least make it 1 hour. It's another one of my issues with the ban,
What a world we would live in if the players got to choose the punishments that were "reasonable" for them. You're clearly inconvenienced by what you got, so I'd say it's pretty effective and a solid motivation not to do it again.

the length is very exaggerated, specially for someone who started to play in these servers not so long ago.
And yet, it's perfectly in line with our documented policy for first infractions:
1st Offense: Ban, or Communication Block. Bans and Communication Blocks will last no more than 3 days.
Since your infraction involved your username and wasn't just limited to chat/voice, you got a full ban.

With all respect, the decision Juno took was pretty drastic, I don't think this is how you moderate a server.
With all due respect, I don't think your actions are how you behave in a public server. If you don't like our moderation or rules, then you would probably be better served by finding a different community that's more tolerant of your -isms.

You still haven't addressed why I was banned for "racism" when I didn't say a single thing involving race and my name wasn't racist at all. That's not fair at all, and again, mods could simply just tell me to change my name. It's not hand-holding users, but a straight up ban for something so "nothing" is absurd when it could've been solved in a much better way.

If a user didn't find the punishment reasonable, it's fair for them to make an appeal and discuss it.

Whatever you say, bud.

If you're going to try to rule-lawyer/straw-man your ban reason, we have nothing further to discuss. Playing the "you're being unreasonable" game won't get you any further when we've already established we don't tolerate the use of "nigga" (with or without an "r"), "faggot" (and derivatives), "retard", or "kys" in our servers, and that that's why you were banned.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(10082 Online 828 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom