• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Banned?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away from my computer for the better part of a week and am now getting back into things here.

Based on the ban report, you were banned for inappropriate language and hate speech, including:
- A username that appears to reference a white supremacist slogan
- Anti trans slurs and remarks
- Use of words that are derogatory towards people with mental health problems.

This sort of behaviour has no place in our servers and is in direct violation of our server rules, specifically, #3:
https://www.vaultf4.com/threads/server-rules.246/

One of our staff members either witnessed this behaviour directly or received a verifiable report and that is what resulted in your ban.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away from my computer for the better part of a week and am now getting back into things here.

No worry.

Based on the ban report, you were banned for inappropriate language and hate speech, including:
- A username that appears to reference a white supremacist slogan

I just play tf2 and have done so for quite a while now. This seems really random? I'll ask my roommate about it.

- Anti trans slurs and remarks
- Use of words that are derogatory towards people with mental health problems.

This sort of behaviour has no place in our servers and is in direct violation of our server rules, specifically, #3:
https://www.vaultf4.com/threads/server-rules.246/

One of our staff members either witnessed this behaviour directly or received a verifiable report and that is what resulted in your ban.

Have no idea bout either of these accusations. This is really odd because several times I have been called derogatory terms such as nigger by people on here and nothing happened to them. did I complain about this because I thought to 'let it go'.

I just play tf2 and have done so for quite a while now. This seems really random? I'll ask my roommate about it.
Hey, I should point out that we are able to see a player's chat history, the time and date they last played/connected to our servers and also any alias/names that said players have used on the server.

Naturally it's probably not a good idea to either; let other people like roommates play on your Steam account if that's what you're alluding to, nor is it a good idea to put terms in your name if you're not sure what meaning they may have. Given that only you are responsible for either of these things, neither would be considered a valid excuse.

Have no idea bout either of these accusations. This is really odd because several times I have been called derogatory terms such as nigger by people on here and nothing happened to them. did I complain about this because I thought to 'let it go'.
I can assure you that if a player is reported for such behaviour, then it's alerted to the staff who are monitoring the IRC channel and obviously in any of the servers, not just the one the /report takes place in.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the last part of your post but if you mean you "let it go" as in you didn't report the player, then I'm afraid that is part of the issue here.
If you had helped us by using the /report feature, it's extremely likely action would have been taken against that player.
Regardless of how unfortunate it may be that this happened, it shouldn't buy you any leniency if you yourself are caught breaking the rules.

We've had people in the past using NFSW sprays and then whining about being unfairly banned because others did it, but obviously if we started allowing people off the hook for such excuses then it just becomes a mess to uphold any kind of rules and keep track of who deserves what kind of action to be taken against them.

Whereas currently it's pretty simple:
You join the server.
The rules are displayed to you.
You either accept them and continue playing or you do not accept them and you disconnect.
If you decide to break them, then that's the risk that you've chosen to take that people only seem to regret once they're caught.

Pretty simple I'd say.

Last edited:
Dates in question of the incidents are:
11/21 - EU standard
11/27 - US standard
12/6 - US Standard(s)
12/8 - EU standard, US standard 2

It's unfortunate if it was someone else using your account, but Valve also takes the position that you are solely responsible for any activity on your steam account with regards to rule violations and cheating. (and in fact, sharing steam accounts is probably a violation of their terms-of-service).

I'm tagging this as resolved since I don't think there's much further to discuss here, but the thread will remain open.

So I asked my roommate about this. This is his account I use to go on tf2, that is it. He said he had no idea what it has to do with white supremacy (we both are not white). And you guys are saying I said something?
"- Anti trans slurs and remarks
- Use of words that are derogatory towards people with mental health problems."
"11/21 - EU standard
11/27 - US standard
12/6 - US Standard(s)
12/8 - EU standard, US standard 2"
What is it?

I'm obviously not thrilled about having to post these terms here but this is a summary of the information attached to the ban in our staff area:
  • Your profile name was, for a period of time, "
    ACCELERATE RAHOWA
    " (https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/rahowa)
  • 11/21, 11/27 - use of "
    troon
    " in text chat
  • 11/27 - use of "
    retard
    " as an insult in text chat
  • 12/6, 12/8 - use of anti-trans phrase "
    ywnbaw
    " in text chat twice, which was reportedly directed at a person that was or appeared to be non-binary.
Entries from more than 28 days ago have already faded off the public areas of our site to keep the database size down but the two early December entries are still visible here:

https://hlx.vaultf4.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=43284

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(7150 Online 417 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom