• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Contesting a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach720

Banhammered
In-Game name: zach
Time of Ban: 6:45 PM EST/18:45
Date of Ban: 12-26-20
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:484179287
Reason for Ban: Inappropriate language/Not cooling it with the racial slurs.
Additional Comments: I know now that it was foolish to throw away my comms privileges so wastefully by spouting a few choice words about certain people beyond the border. If unbanned I promise that I will not spout those few choice words, because I will do so in preservation of my communicative privileges.

Your ban contest has been received and I will review the circumstances and get back to you with a decision shortly (typically within in 24-48h.)

I have reviewed the available evidence and conferred with the staff member that issued the communications ban.
Yes, this includes your chat history while on our servers.

In short, there is a persistent trend of content that has no place in a gameserver environment. It is... unquestionably more than just "a few choice words", as you put it. The gameservers are not a discussion board, so if you genuinely wish to discuss certain topics that could upset other people, take it to a more appropriate place.

I won't re-post specifics here verbatim because I believe you know *exactly* what you have said that is questionable, but if you need a refresher, it generally falls into the following categories:
  • Derogatory terms or statements towards certain groups of people or other players
  • Statements intended to cause trouble, or incite/upset others
  • Flagrant disrespect towards server staff and their efforts to enforce the rules.
  • Statements that seem to encourage others to break the rules as well.
  • Not getting the message when you were warned and then subsequently gagged for 30 minutes on Dec 23.
  • Finally receiving a permanent communications ban on Dec 26.
Your infractions are generally covered by server rules #2 and #6, and it is our standard policy to be significantly less lenient with repeat offenders that should know better (i.e. after a warning or initial kick/temporary ban)

After conferring with the staff member in question, we have agreed that the communications ban duration can be shortened, on one condition:

You are now officially "On notice" for your infractions. In other words, you will be considered to have been duly and inexcusably made aware of the server rules. Your current ban will remain on record after expiry, and from this point on, if there are *any* further rule violations on your part that are brought to my attention, said communications ban will be permanently reinstated, no questions asked. If the infraction is severe enough, this may even transmute into an outright ban.

I think that last point also answers a question you had at one point too:

I can't get banned from the fuckin server can I? .

Once you acknowledge that you have read the above and understand the situation, your current communications ban will be shortened to 3 days from the time of your reply.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you are welcome to reply here or reach out to me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9257 Online 755 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom