D&D... what say ye?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by VintagePC, Feb 24, 2014.

1. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Just throw a jar of maple syrup to distract the dm. Insta Nat 20

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

DM has DC 99. Roll 1d20 for agility check and roll 1d100 to see if your distraction succeeds.

3. Ragnorok

Ragnorok Demon of Obliteration

so did i miss the first day of this? just asking cause i've had a busy few weeks, and just remembered

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

No, I really need to buckle down and start building a campaign. I hope to get some time to do that this weekend and get this started :)

5. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Are we rolling for stats, do u have a set of numbers were plugging into stats, or are we using a point buy system? Would like to know for character creation

6. VintagePC

This will be your guys' game, you okay with rolling for stats? If everyone wants to do something different that's fine by me.

7. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS Tabletop GM

I would like some help setting up a character

8. English

English Global Mod

Anyone have character sheets? Also what version are we using? Any banned races/classes?

9. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS Tabletop GM

Vintage said he only has books for 3.5 So I assume that would be what version, but I may be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

3.5 I have PDF versions of the players handbook and charactor sheets, pm me with your e-mail and i'll send em to yah

11. VintagePC

That's correct, we're playing 3.5, and as mentioned earlier the plan is to roll for stats and such.

You can get your characters all set up in advance if you like, but I'm not planning an overly lengthy first adventure so there will be some time to get that sorted and answer questions at the beginning if necessary.

I don't think we'll be banning particular classes or races but note that you may want to collaborate a little with your characters so you can get consistent backstory (e.g. a human whose family was abducted by halflings won't exactly trek around with a halfling party member).

Again, we can do some of that at the beginning of our first session.

12. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

On that note I do have a question, I created a Halfling Paladin who uses melee to fight, but my strength score is a -2, Is negative strength applied to damage rolls? Is so i'll need to switch to a shooty weapon.

13. English

English Global Mod

So its:
    Reechard
    Statboy
    Engrish
    SoL
    Ragnarok

Lavabish dropped out so thats our party yes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. English

English Global Mod

How much monies are we starting with? Equipment?

15. VintagePC

If you don't want to use the default equipment package just post here with your character class and I'll assign you an amount of starting gold for equipment purchase.

16. English

English Global Mod

What is default?

17. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

In the players hand book there is a suggested default starting inventory for each class (each class is different)

18. English

English Global Mod

Can I has gold amount for Fighter plox DM Vintage :)

19. VintagePC

6d4x10=1/4/2/4/3/3=170GP

20. English

English Global Mod

That's a win!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice