• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Gagged and Muted in Vault f4 TF2C server

Boba

Noob
HFEvMif.jpg

In-Game name: https://steamcommunity.com/id/bobafrigginfeet/
Time of Mute: 1440 minutes... Its been hella long
Steam ID: [U:1:160978693]
Reason for Mute: I may or may not have said the n word that ended with the letter 'a'
Additional Comments: Got muted/gagged for the reason above, but the mute and gag situation is really hurting me, i dont know if this is the right place to put it in, if it isn't please, please dont hurt me. I said niggaa in a joking manner, and not in the derogatory sense. Presently, the word is used more liberally among younger members of all races and ethnicities in the United States. I also avoid using the one with the hard R, and i am aware of its implications Furthermore, I was talking with my caucasian friends. I all let them say it because in my personal philosophy that a word is just a word. I said it towards them & no one else.

i'm sorry if you were offended that i said the n word. I'll be sure to never say it again in game. I did not think it will offend anyone thats why i said it. I'll always remember this rule, so please i ask for an unmute

Last edited:
Yes, this is the correct place for an appeal.

I see your communications ban has a 1 day duration. This is a bit of an unusual situation, as the typical appeal process consists of myself reviewing all the available information regarding the incidents in question. This can take 24-48h depending on what has transpired and how much there is to review; and this will likely take longer than just waiting out the block.

Given the situation I've done a cursory inspection and I see you were previously warned for in-game behaviour on Jan 5th, and a quick glance at your chat history suggests more than just one use of a specific word is the issue here; per server rule #2, other terms like "faggot" and "retard" are also not acceptable when used in a derogatory or insulting manner, and context is key. What you choose to say to your friends in private is up to you, but this is a public server and regardless of whom you are saying things *t0*, anyone is able to see the chat in question, and that could well include other people that are upset by this given their own personal experiences encountering such insults in the past. People often play games to take a break from reality, and bringing real-world (and sadly, still present day) issues into that environment sours that experience for many. We aim to create an environment where folks can just enjoy the game and have fun, regardless of who/what/where they are.

The apology is appreciated, but I take some issue with the fact you aren't fully owning up by saying you "may or may not have" said one particular word - especially when it's most certainly present in the chat logs on the server. Given this is not your first infraction and that I likely won't be able to do a detailed appeal review until sometime tomorrow - I'm inclined to suggest you re-familiarize yourself with our server rules. I expect that now you've been fully made aware of them and learned that we can and will enforce infractions. People make mistakes, and there should be no further issues if you abide by them going forward.

Please don't necro unrelated threads
Hello, I've been gagged for 1 week and i wast womder when will it end?

please see the reply to your own thread rather than necroing other threads.

Hello, My steam user is Foxalicious.
I am hear to write to appeal the ban that I'm currently having.
All I want to say is that I am sorry for the actions of my consequences.
I was a little drunk during the time of my actions, I sayed some things that got me into trouble
After the ban, TF2c is kin dof boring to me, no voicechat or being able type in chats, makes the experience a little boring.
I want to be able to talk and chat with others because that's what makes this game/mod fun
I'm sorry for what I had said. This consequence is really taking a hit on me
I hope I will be forgivin.

The fact you don't seem willing (or are incapable?) of following instructions (both to provide the proper information when filling out a ban contest [the sticky thread that says "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING"] , and posting in *other* people's ban contest threads [y'know, the thing the GIANT BANNER at the top of the screen tells you *NOT* to do]), leaves me with little confidence you'll follow our server rules.

And, as I've told you before, this was not a one-time incident. You have multiple infractions for your behaviour on our servers and being drunk doesn't excuse you from the consequences. I'll tell you up front that *if* you are successful in appealing with a (properly formed) ban contest post (which this is not), it will not be a clean slate. You will have used your one "get out of jail free" card, and any further infractions would result in an immediate reinstatement of the permanent ban with no second chances.

So before making an appeal I suggest you take into very serious consideration whether you think you are capable of adhering to the server rules sufficiently to avoid getting banned again.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(7520 Online 486 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom