• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] jdingo's tf2c unban request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdingo

Noob
In-Game name: jdingo
Time of Ban: permanent ban
Date of Ban: 9-3-2020
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1788064
Reason for Ban: "General douchebaggery or several rule violations"
Additional Comments: i don't really know what i did that entitled a permanent ban from all the tf2c servers without warning. i didn't call any votekicks like that was suggested by the person that had a complaint and you can check the logs for that. yea i did some pretty light trash talking over voice but i don't think it was anything major i've seen way worse on these servers and no one bats an eye. just think a perma ban without any warning is pretty over the top especially these are the only populated tf2c servers.

Your contest has been acknowledged and will be reviewed.

I've reviewed the case. Here's where things stand.
  • I don't believe that you "don't know what you did". I believe you knew exactly what you were doing that, even if not the primary instigator, was contributing to general toxicity of the server.
  • Whatabout-ism is not an excuse for your own behaviour. If someone else does something worse and didn't get caught, it doesn't give you a free pass to act out anywhere up to that threshold. You just happened to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, because in this instance someone did "bat an eye".
  • You were logged chat spamming a pro-pedophile slogan in the server. I don't need to explain what's wrong with that, and it falls under rules 3 and 6. You were not the only offender, but contributing to the problem doesn't exactly get you any smiley stickers either.
  • You made a direct threat that I unban your friend, "OR GET YOUR ASS PWND EVEN MORE". The internet does not convey intent, and we have had past issues with players making threats and/or actually messing with peoples' real lives. Ergo, there is a ZERO tolerance policy for anything of that sort around here.
  • Votekick abuse. Even if you did not "call the vote", repeatedly voting yes to kick someone without a valid reason is abuse, and basically harassment. Funny how that stopped happening after both yourself and Pizza were removed from the equation. I know there are others and they've been noted internally in case of future incidents.
  • You were warned. Not explicitly, but there was a general request from an admin that people in the server keep things civil. Just because you aren't called out by name doesn't mean you get to carry on as before. Explicit warnings are a courtesy, not a right.
  • I'm not even going to touch some of the other accusations that were made but based on what I've seen, I have no reason to disbelieve them.
All things considered, I'm feeling more generous than I was last night, so I'm going to adjust the ban(s) to 5 days to give you and Pizza some time to cool off.

HOWEVER - this is your official thin-ice warning. That means that if I get ANY indication of incidents that involve you, there WILL be consequences in short order, and they will not be considered as first-time offences.

Your ban will be adjusted once you reply indicating you understand the warning you've just been given.

i understand tanks for the consideration Vintagepc :cat

girt.gif

Your ban has been adjusted accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(7986 Online 461 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom