• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Some questionable admining tonight

Koedy

Noob
Hello

Long time player, first time forum poster. I've been around for about a year now, and I'd call myself a regular on the servers - at least on EU friendly times. I don't usually engage in this sort of forum postin', but tonight was a rather different night in the land of TF2C.

A new guy showed up, someone I've never seen before. Turned out he was actually an admin. To be fair, he could be american and play during times I'm not active, I'm not an all-knowing oracle of the server, but I know all the regulars and I've never seen this guy before.

The server was jam packed during EU peak hours, and we switch maps. Suddenly, a bunch of people (>5) sit out in spectate and we start wondering why everyone is suddenly in spectate. Several players comments on it, and admin "Madrazo" starts telling people to get out of spec or get kicked. Madrazo cleans out spectate out and a bunch of new people join the server.

"Madrazo" keeps sitting in spec, apparently looking for naughty sprays. Rounds go by, and another player frequents spectate (whom was kicked earlier). Mind you the server was full during the entire time. Rounds go by. We change map. Madrazo commands the same player to "join a team or get kicked".... while still sitting in spectate himself, joining a team for about 1 death and hopping back into spectate. The player in question, me and Madrazo get into some bickering about spectating (ie. hogging a server slot) while the server is full.

Another map go by, Madrazo still sitting comfortably as the only person in spec for the entire duration. I start wondering what would happen if we literally reported an admin. Anyways, we swap to vip_habor. The teams are 11 - 12, because Madrazo is still hanging out in spectate. I think he would've found those sprays by now, after around 45~ minutes of spectating time.

The former player in question, jumps back into spectate. Madrazo, still in spectate, asks him to join or a team or get kicked (mind you, the server has been full the entire time still). I call out Madrazo for his blantant hypocrisy, for not doing anything productive for over an hour while still warning other players to get out of spectate, effectively hogging a player spot for the entire duration (I think he would've found those sprays by now!). I'm not banned, but I got my first warning ever, I'm still not even sure what that means.

And don't even get me started on his "stop the drama" spiel, when the server is just bantering like usual. It's completely tone deaf behaviour.

Bottom line, please get your boy in line (and get him out of spectate on full nights for god's sake). In a full year of playing I've NEVER met an admin like this, handing out warnings left and right, frequent AFKing in spawn, sitting in spec for (literal) hours on peak EU times hogging a server slot, warning and kicking other people for doing the exact same thing he's doing himself.

And that's my TED talk. I'm not even banned, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to even post this. I've never been so royally pissed off by admin/staff behaviour to the point of actually creating an account and writing all this garbage until now.

Thanks for the report. We're aware there have been some issues and are looking into it.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9257 Online 755 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom