• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] TF2C Ban Appeal

Grandpa Scout

Not a Noob
In-Game name: Grandpa Scout
Time of Ban: 2:23
Date of Ban: 06-05-21
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:55009667
Reason for Ban: Aimbot(?)
Additional Comments: The map was set to background01 on the TF2Classic US Standard server.

The map was set to background01 which causes every player to spawn on the same exact point when the game starts. I shot an RPG rocket directly at my feet as soon as the round started which hit every player on the other team at the same time and triggered the automatic aimbot detection on the server.
I should also mention that the previous map was itemtest_4team which also has very close spawn points.

Last edited:
Thanks- your ban appeal has been received. I'm already in the process of reviewing the details and corresponding with the author of the AC plugin to understand what happened.

I'll get back to you shortly once I find out a little more and review things in-detail.

Do you have any non-standard binds in use for +attack? It's definitely not an issue that is readily reproducible. I've just spent about 10 minutes trying to do so without success.

Given the scenario I have pre-emptively reversed the ban on suspicion of being a false positive, but I'm going to continue trying to understand the issue at hand here.

If it is confirmed as a false positive then the ban will also be removed from your record entirely.

Sorry for the inconveneince,

~VintagePC

Last edited:
I was clicking my mouse extremely fast to try and get the first hit when the round started, but other than that, nothing I can think of.

Last edited:
Interesting... It's entirely possible you just got *really* unlucky with your timing in a scenario that doesn't happen in a normal game. Regardless, thanks for the extra info to help me sort this out.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9268 Online 723 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom